·
Registered
87 Posts
All of a sudden I feel ill.....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't care for the looks of the WRX wagon. I do like how new bumpers, hood and lights make it a little more pleasing to the eye.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
wow, that saab does look a lot like a subaru.

~justin

·
Registered
49 Posts
saabguy said:
wow, that saab does look a lot like a subaru.

~justin
Here's the bumph on this co-operation between Saab and Subaru (Fuji Heavy Industries):

New Saab 9-2X to debut at Los Angeles in December

The Saab 9-2X - a new, all-wheel-drive, five-door model - opens up a new, fast-growing market segment for Saab and will be unveiled at a special event in Los Angeles in mid-December in conjunction with the Los Angeles Auto Show.
The new, sporty Saab 9-2X continues Saab's biggest-ever product offensive by taking the Swedish manufacturer into a new market segment with a fresh expression of Saab's traditional reputation for combining fun-to-drive enjoyment and smart versatility.

Positioned below the 9-3 Sport Sedan in size, the 9-2X is the first production Saab to have all-wheel drive and will offer excellent driving dynamics, in addition to turbo performance and hatchback practicality. Two versions will be available, both with five-door bodystyles and all-wheel-drive as standard. The entry level Saab 9-2X will be powered by a naturally-aspirated 2.5-liter engine and the top Aero model will feature a 227 bhp, 2.0-liter turbo unit.

Its world debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show in the US was confirmed today at the Tokyo Motor Show by Peter Augustsson, President and CEO of Saab Automobile AB.

"We see a rapidly emerging segment in the United States for a premium, small car below the Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan and we intend to be among the first in the segment," says Augustsson. "The 9-2X will help introduce Saab to younger customer group. "

Leveraging the global resources of the GM Group. Saab Automobile AB is collaborating with Fuji Heavy Industries to create the Saab 9-2X model in cooperation with Subaru, Fuji's automotive division.

"The Saab 9-2X is the result of a collaboration between two like-minded companies. We both have a special aircraft heritage and a successful history in rallying, and our cars are known for being dynamic, safe and fun-to-drive. It makes a lot of sense to combine our strengths in creating a Saab that can be brought to market quickly."

The Saab 9-2X is scheduled to go on sale early next summer in the USA and Canada, with other markets still under consideration. It is the latest step in the most aggressive new product and concept development program in Saab's history. Within the last two years Saab has launched the Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan and 9-3 Convertible ranges, as well as three concept cars: the 'four-dimensional' 9-X, the 9-3X 'Cross-over' Coupe and the 9-3 Sport-Hatch Concept, for which a production version is scheduled.

General Motors owns Saab Automobile AB and holds a 20 percent stake in Fuji Heavy Industries and the Saab 9-2X program allows both companies to reach their goals by jointly leveraging the global resources of the GM Group.

Bob Lutz, GM's Vice Chairman for Product Development said: "The Saab and Subaru brands have a special flair. It is a natural fit for them to combine their talents and expertise in bringing the first all-wheel-drive performance car into the Saab family - a car with great dynamic qualities and exhilarating performance."

The new Saab 9-2X will be produced in Fuji Heavy Industries' facilities in Japan, beginning in the spring of 2004.

(Nicked this from one of Murphwiz's posts on Saabscene. :D )

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finklejag said:
I don't care for the looks of the WRX wagon. I do like how new bumpers, hood and lights make it a little more pleasing to the eye.
I agree. I think it looks much better. Still would be too small of a car for me, though. Those WRX's are TINY

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
"The 9-2X will help introduce Saab to younger customer group. "
i think that if younger buyers want a saab, then they will get one, i'm young, 18, and i love saabs, at first i didn't because i thought they were for rich snobs, but then i realised, "hey, i like to think i'm rich", so i bought one off my neighbor, and i love it! now i'm part of two saab forums, and i just love them.

i do not want to see a younger group of saabers, then everyone on the forum will be kids with no respect or manners for other people, i know i know, i'm young, but many many adults say that i act a lot older than i am, i must admit though, once i have a few of those giant pixi-stix in my system :shock: i'm a big kid.

Bob Lutz, GM's Vice Chairman for Product Development said: "The Saab and Subaru brands have a special flair. It is a natural fit for them to combine their talents and expertise in bringing the first all-wheel-drive performance car into the Saab family - a car with great dynamic qualities and exhilarating performance."
*cough* *cough* *** *cough*

subaru and saab should have nothing in common except an s, a, and a b, but other than that... no, just plain no.

subaru: this is meant for the kids that have a little bit more than the normal kid money wise, but acts like the others, fast fast fast. kids that own these more than likely have or will get a few speeding tickets, and like to brag about what they have. these really aren't that fast once they get moving, they are really only fast off the line. when i had my jeep i raced one, and i killed it, horibly, both from a start, and rolling (30 mph), i killed it both times, by atleast 3 car lengths. but see, this is what i mean, kids are all about racing, since i don't have my jeep anymore(totaled it), and since i've gotten three speeding tickets, i've learned, i don't like to go fast anymore. hence the non-turbo saab, i like quick so i can pull out into traffic, but other than that, i don't care.

saab: this is the car for kids who's parents care for the safety of their kids, or for the kid who knows what's good in the adult world, regardless of the insults thrown out by peers or other of similar age group(15-19). i have gotten a few insults from my friends and people that aren't, like "who drives a saab" or "saab.. ha" but all the teachers look apon me, as my car is better than theirs, and they know that i like the good things, like before, when i had my jeep, i had the second fastest car in school(second to a modded eagle talon tsi awd), and i had probably the nicest, all the teachers drive are little s-10s, and f150's, and minivans, all the students drive normal talons, old civics, and little trucks. i think i'm the only person in my school that cares about cars. i told one of my teachers that i had my license back, and he asked if i got another jeep, and i said nope, i got a saab now, and he's like, ohh, fancy fancy. also, one of my friends that is unfourtunate enough to be in kuwait right now, called me the other day, and asked me how things were, and how my jeep was, and i told him i totaled it, and i lost my license, and i have my license back now, and he asked if i drive anything now, and i told him i drove a saab, and he's like ooo justin, movin up in the world huh, bling bling, maybe next a caddy escalade. and i laughed, and i told him i was happy with the saab. so you see, the older generation and a few of the younger generation that believe their parents, and or, have parents that own one, know how nice saabs really are.

and anyone with any sort of common sense in their head, should be able to realize that saabs and subarus are nothing alike and should never be anything alike at all (except colors, lol)

i think that this is more than my two cents, i think this is like a couple bucks of opinions here...

~justin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts