Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed my KSport coilovers over the weekend and droppped my car.

The install was very easy and the quality of the kit is excellent. If anyone is looking to go with coilovers I'd strongly suggest the KSports. They come with pillowball fronts which have a top adjustment for fine tuning camber and a built in slide for the top spindle bolt for major adjustments. The rears just use the oem top mount for the shock.

I paid $910 from redlinemotive.com. If you get them be prepared to wait though because they apparently don't make them until you order it...I only had to wait a week for the factory to ship them, which is in Arizona. Every piece of the kit is either powdercoated steel (only the shocks/springs) and the aluminum pieces are hard anodized; so corrosion will not be an issue. The system is even TUV certified like the much more costly KW system.

As far as the ride is concerned it's amazing, I'm still playing with the dampening adjustments (36way) so it'll take some time to get it just right after I break it in. An important note is the system comes with an adjustable spindle mount (an the usual coil adjustments) so you can use the actual mount to lower the car to a point, but not as far as I did...I measured only 3.5" from the ground to the bottom on my front subframe brace.

I will be posting some pictures shortly, just have to find my camera.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I will have more shots up soon, but as far as the quality I'll just have to see. When did you purchase your system? They have updated/rated a lot of their product line lately... ie. they were not TUV certified before. I often find that warranty and quality issues often have a lot to do with driving style, ie. people hitting potholes and getting bubbles in their tires due to a broken belt. they insist the tire is a POS and want a new one under warranty...however 99% of the time the rim is bent in the exact spot they have the bubble in the tire because they hit the pothole so violently, which voids the warranty.

Only time will tell, but I watch how and where I drive so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
yeah....these are the same product as the megan racing coilovers, just with different anodizing. i know two people who had them, and they both hated them. good luck

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't want to go too low because the roads are they worst in the country where I live. They are all broken in now (over 1k all ready) and they feel great with how I have the dampening set. Yes the ride is a little rough, but it's more than worth it. The car feels completely flat around turns and responds instantly to steering inputs.

All I can say is no, they are separate entities, Megan racing stands alone and KSport is owned by Autoline Industries out of Arizona. Their products are manufactured completely different...i.e Megan uses mostly steel and KSport is mostly aluminum. KSport is TUV certified (which counts for a lot if you know quality control and safety) unlike Megan Racing, but to each their own...I never buy anything without checking the background on the company and yes they've had some issues early in their life, but that was before they changed their manufcaturing and were TUV certified. I guess I'm the guinea pig for their updated product line?? ;)

·
Registered
897 Posts
you should wind the coils all the way down just for some slammed pics lol.

right now your car is as low as my 9-5 on just cut springs. but i get the road thing man i just think some pics of the car dumped would be sweet!

you could post in the lets see your slammed saabs thread haha

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I would, but I honestly don't feel like throwing it on the alignment rack again lol. I all ready gave it two since I put the coilovers on, one for a base then one after break in and readjustment. I think these coilovers are great especially with how you can make major camber adjustments with the spindle mount and minor adjustments at the pillowball....you could probably go as low as you want and still have a perfect alignment :)

Although my car does not look low, if you measure ground clearance it gets scary especially if you have a subframe brace...I wish I still lived in Daytona Beach haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did these have the mounting brackets for the auto level headlights?

You have xenons right? Ive been debating picking up a set of these, but I think you have to cut off the stock position sensor and fab it up on the new coilovers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
loose the subframe brace its junk, if it dosnt fall off from rusting away. people would really be surprised at the handling characteristics of the 9-3ss if they went to the proper height you have to go a little bit lower about 5-10mm in the rear and 5 to 10 in the front i could give specific measurements of how low my control arms are to the ground, but i dont have them.

also if you get rid of the subframe brace and goto atleast my height, on stock exhaust i can clear everything np actually, but when i throw on my 3in i scrape a bit not much.

btw you should probably never have to realign even after lowering, i noticed as i lowered my camber was perfect when i lowered depending on height, with the h&rs it was perfect and with the k.a.w's its perfect amount i dont have uneven tire wear... ok maybe a slight amount but its really nothing serious i hit the wear bars on either side at around the same time maybe 1000 miles difference. plus this isnt a civic so when you lower the car your steering isnt going to be cocked to one side.... the only thing i noticed was some feathering on the rear tires so i figure my toe is in a bit and that needs to be adjusted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts