Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im going to be installing a koni kit on my NG next week and have everything ordered minus strut mounts/bearings.....

Question is should i replace the mounts and bearings or just bearings by themselves if the actual mounts appear to look in good condition?

For all i know the drivers strut mount is original with 168k but im not 100%sure, and passenger i replaced mount with bearing about 8k miles ago with a monroe unit(which seems to be holding up fine)

I was thinking of just getting new bearings and calling it a day as oem mounts are about 130 a piece...Anyone have an opinion?:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
I will be upgrading my suspension to Koni's as well and I'll be putting in the hardened option strut mounts from GS while I'm in there. My car has 90K on it now and one of the mounts is on it's way out - I feel that it's well worth it to replace both with the upgraded option and call it a day.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately the uprated strut mounts are only available for 93s

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I would just change the one that you didn't replace already. I'm changing mine...and I'm at about 155k miles.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would just change the one that you didn't replace already. I'm changing mine...and I'm at about 155k miles.
Thats what I'm planning on doing, I just don't want to have to redo them again anytime soon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts