Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I started of my drive friday afternoon I noticed that my foot was sliping off the clutch pedal. I looked down and it looked to be kinda wet. I thought it was wet, as in I had stepped into a puddle then into my car. But worried after I tried wiping my foot off on the carpet but it didn't dry off.

Right away I knew what It was. I stopped pulled over to check out how bad the leak was. It had barely leaked enough to dribble down the left edge of the pedal, and I continued my 80 mile drive. Sure enough I was caught in 45 min of stop and go traffic. The whole time worrying the master could go at any second. But I made it home safely.

When I checked the pedal it was dry. But the back side was still kinda wet, probably from when it first stared leaking. It doesn't seem so bad, but I have yet to really look.

What should I look out for? How much of a pain in the ass are these master cylinders to replace? I lost almost no brake fluid, think I should be ok for a while?

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I just looked back a few minutes ago.

While I only wiped off what I was on the face of the pedal friday, the rest of the pedal and arm were dry when I just looked. I wasnt able to see anything leaking out of anywhere. Kinda worries me, but I'll keep an eye on it.

While I was down there I think I found out why my cruise doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me/show me a pic of how/where the spring on the pedal arm goes to? Mine flopped off and so the pedal isnt being pulled up all the way to push in the clutch pedal switch.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may just bend the bracket....or as mikeD suggested to me, just jump the switch. I'll just have to like tap on the brakes before I downshift.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, Will check tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a good idea. But so far so good. No more leaking....of course I probably just jinxed it.

Is this a symptom of a master going bad?

·
Registered
645 Posts
brake fluid has a really distinct smell... you should be able to tell if it where brake fluid

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.