Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading in my haynes manual that the automatic transmission Saabs come with a kickdown switch underneath the accelerator pedal. Can anyone explain to me what this switch is for?

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
its so that when you floor it in your puny automatic saab, it desperately shifts down a gear to help make you accelerate at a reasonable rate :lol: . just messin with ya :wink: .

but seriously the completely sarcasm free answer is: when you go full throttle the switch tells the tranny to downshift thereby aiding in acceleration :D .

Paul

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
and the cool thing about autobox Saabs, they don't dump boost while shifting gears. I was holding boost SOLID into the red for at least 6-8 seconds, not just dipping into the red, but holding there solid through several gear changes the other day merging ontot he highway.... easy to merge that way. I embarrassed a WRX who thought he needed to give me a free lane to merge, but I flew right past him.... should have seen his face. And that's with a stock Saab!

Oh sorry, Rob, you don't have a turbo, do you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. :wink: :wink:

You probably have used the kickdown before, you just didn't know you were doing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts