Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. This morning my 9-3 would not lock, so I changed the key battery and that did not work. From the interior, the unlock button works, however the lock button does not. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks:neutral:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
try putting your key in the ignition, turning it one spot, then back off and pull the key.

Sometimes the key cylinder sticks. I guess an easy way to tell usually is if the interior buzzer dings with the door open and the key out... I had this issue with the '05 9-5

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I had the same kind of issue last summer. But it wasn't just the locks. Everything was acting weird.

Turned out the ignition switch was bad. It was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried doing this, moving from lock to off position, still with no results. The door rings when its in the lock, but when i pull the key, it stops. This is so frustrating!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread...but I am having the same problem with my 03 9-3 tried pretty much everything removed all switch modules and cleaned all actuators cleaned and a dose of wd -40...back doors do nothing...front unlock and windows and sunroof open when unlock button is pushed trunk opens everything but the unlock...

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Is the little button in the bottom of the ignition switch stuck down? My kneejerk reaction would be to try replacing the ignition switch since they are cheap and don't need to be programmed. The car is set up so that if it thinks you have left the key in the ignition it won't let you lock it with the remote to keep from locking the keys in the car.

Once the car is running will it let you lock the doors with the lock switch on the driver's door, or will they never lock?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts