Saab Link Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is having leather problems (like peeling, cracking), or would just like to have custom leather seats, I am able to get full leather seat covers from Katzkin through a retailer. Currently they are only available for the NG900.

I will repost the exact information, however this buy will include:

~Two-Tone Katzkin Front Seats and Back Seats (as well as head rests) any color
~Door Inserts any color
~2 Embroideries (front seats)

for $475 (basically your whole interior redone)

you can view examples of the Katzkin leather seat covers at www.katzkin.com

Here is an example of a custom Saab interior. Im not sure if this is Katzkin, but this is the result you can expect.

This isn't a Groupbuy, but if u have any questions let me know.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does not include the steering wheel skin, but if your interested, I can find out who can make them.

The embroideries would include custom stuff (as far as I know) within reason. So like a picture of your wife sewed on your seat possibly would cost more ;)

I'll get a more definate answer as soon as he contacts me tommorrow.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I heard back from the supplier on this deal.

The kit would come everything I said before (Katzkin for front and rear seats in a two tone; 2 door inserts to match the seats; and custom embrodiery). The embrodiery would be 2 free embrodieries with the Saab name, or logo. Anything personalized would be extra and your graphic would need to be sent in. A way around this, would be just to have someone do the embroidery once you recieved the kit.

So like I said before, this isn't a group buy, just an ongoing sale for custom NG900 interiors. $475, and of course a Katzkin warranty ;)

You can choose either pattern(from www.katzkin.com ):

VSB20B - Two Tone Centers

VSB20C - Two Tone Inserts

These are general patterns, and don't reflect the specific NG900 seat.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They just might, if you go to Katzkin's website and call them up and ask, they'd be able to tell you. They're website said they didn't have all the ones they carried listed on they're website.

·
Registered
110 Posts
WOW!

That is a great price! Seems almost too good to be true :shock: ! Is it the actual leather, or the vinyl, either way great price. I looked the price for a kit for our RSX and it was about $780 for something compreable.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea this is the leather seats with the vinyl backing (just like stock), and the door inserts are vinyl. I couldn't believe this either, but they guy i order from confirmed it.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No right now its only for NG900

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay they are considered "Seat covers" since they go over the seat, however they REPLACE whatever you have on your seats now.

For instance my car came with leather seats (actually the whole seat is leather except for the back which is stock vinyl). When installing these "Seat covers" I'd be required to pull the leather off my seat and attach the new Katzkin. Same goes with cloth.

Basically its called reupholstry. If I were to go to an auto upholsty shop to get my car re-leathered..this is EXACTLY what they would be putting on. In fact most upholsters recommend, use and sell Katzkin leather seat covers to reupholster cars with. And just like stock, these covers are all leather expect for the seat back.

So all in all its just like buying only the leather on your seats. Its recommended however that people have them proffesionally installed, however I've seen many people do it on their own. Hope this helps.

The picture above is EXACTLY how the finished product looks...like stock leather.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update on this:

The Katzkin kit is still $475. For those in PA (and around), There is a shop that do the entire install, plus sell you the Katzkin for $800 total. So full Katzkin as mentioned above and installed for $800 :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
70 Posts
seat covers

will this set fit the 1999 9-3 also .... plus can you just buy parts of it or no ?
thanks

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im pretty sure this will fit the 9-3 as well. Parts off what?

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
70 Posts
thanks ..... what i meant was can you buy like just the back seat covers and the door panels .... cause i was thinking about buying racing seats for the front.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmm, not sure, but i wouldn't see why not. If your truely interested let me know, and get back with the supplier.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.