Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plugged in the ECU, after getting it re-flashed to get rid of a strange CEL and hopefully cure the over boost issues that first started the problems of the last few months. I expected to only be getting about base boost (due to a bad BPC), and no CEL. Took it out on the highway, and was amazed to find that I was boosting 20 psi like I was supposed to! But the BPC hadn't worked before...or so I thought. I'm not entirely sure what changed, but now the car is absolutely great. After the reflash, the boost/power delivery is just PERFECT. It is a little more calm than my crazy 28psi peaking first tune, but that's okay with me. It's a blast to drive. I did a run from 70 to 140 (!!!!) in 5th gear, and I was amazed...solid 22 psi and the car was pulling awesome!

I was going to do the T7 BPC mod...I'm still planning on picking up a T7 BPC and harness so when this BPC goes, I can just get it redone to T7.

And I calculated 28.8 mpg instead of the 24-27 I've normally been getting while not really romping on it...

I'm happy:D

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Plugged in the ECU, after getting it re-flashed to get rid of a strange CEL and hopefully cure the over boost issues that first started the problems of the last few months. I expected to only be getting about base boost (due to a bad BPC), and no CEL. Took it out on the highway, and was amazed to find that I was boosting 20 psi like I was supposed to! But the BPC hadn't worked before...or so I thought. I'm not entirely sure what changed, but now the car is absolutely great. After the reflash, the boost/power delivery is just PERFECT. It is a little more calm than my crazy 28psi peaking first tune, but that's okay with me. It's a blast to drive. I did a run from 70 to 140 (!!!!) in 5th gear, and I was amazed...solid 22 psi and the car was pulling awesome!

I was going to do the T7 BPC mod...I'm still planning on picking up a T7 BPC and harness so when this BPC goes, I can just get it redone to T7.

And I calculated 28.8 mpg instead of the 24-27 I've normally been getting while not really romping on it...

I'm happy:D
Congrats. Now your stupid sig is actually correct. :p

I get a ride.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lawls.

On another note, how did you like those Kuhmo ecsta SPTs?
Hated them since day one, now they're on the wife's car, I bought el-cheapo Sumitomo HTRZ's for my new wheels and like them MUCH better, lot's-o-grip....

Sorry FiveIron, didn't intend to threadjack!

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Awesome! But be careful beating on it in 5th gear.... I think it's a weak link, at least for me it was......and I wasn't at WOT when this happened to me....
jeremy he only has a td04
not a hx35 like you
i dont think his 5th gear will experience near the amount of stress like your setup will dish out

·
Registered
422 Posts
jeremy he only has a td04
not a hx35 like you
i dont think his 5th gear will experience near the amount of stress like your setup will dish out
I know...I know.... but since I wasn't pushing it real hard at the time, I just thought I'd give a little warning....... just in case.........

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
With my stage 4 ng900 and up to 160-170K miles on it, I never had an issue with laying into it in 5th. As mentioned there should be no issue with just a TD04 on it. It's once you slap the godzilla snails on that issues can come up.

Enjoy the tune!

·
Registered
422 Posts
With my stage 4 ng900 and up to 160-170K miles on it, I never had an issue with laying into it in 5th. As mentioned there should be no issue with just a TD04 on it. It's once you slap the godzilla snails on that issues can come up.

Enjoy the tune!
Fine!! :D But at least stay away from wheel hop!!! :rolleyes: That was on the T25/28!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Nice Fiveiron.

I remember my first real wheel hop experience when I was at the drag strip. The amount of violent hoping was scary.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i have two trannys from my 9k sitting on the floor in my garage with wholes in the bell housing from the pinion gear due to wheel hop

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have to be very careful where I go fast, the unexpected bump induces wheel hop WAY too easily...

The car is boosting even more today...feels great! Except the stupid blow off valve started leaking boost again.

Tomorrow I flush the transmission with MT-90 and hopefully get to a pressure test too, to make sure I'm not losing my precious boost!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Wheel hop typically occurs when you are spinning your tires, not when you are going 140mph.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts