Saab Link Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Lol i would let them i would walk inside though and try not to laugh, im serious about buying this car, it is already hooked up way past my budget.
It also has a super stiff racing clutch.

·
Registered
270 Posts
So you want this car? but it's got a sketchy owner? I say go for it...I mean if it goes bad we can all just say "We told you so...";)

If it's out of your price range, why are you even considering it? A limit is a limit...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So you want this car? but it's got a sketchy owner? I say go for it...I mean if it goes bad we can all just say "We told you so...";)

If it's out of your price range, why are you even considering it? A limit is a limit...
Its in my price range, i sold my car for 8000 and i have 1500 of my own cash monay,

The title will be signed to me tomorrow, if i buy it and i will go to the dmv after. doesnt seem sketchy. im just wondering if i can inspect it myself.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I do not to have to learn anything about sending e-mails since people who were supposed to receive them from me, they did :)
Lies, you decieve me by responding to my post and not specifying that it wasn't me you were emailing? I wish there was an emo emoticon here...

·
User
9,193 Posts
Some of the things on that list are just ridiculous. A dealer insignia? Give me a break. All you need is a blow dryer, some goo gone, and possibly some rubbing compound and wax if it's faded. :lol:

I would love to see someone bring that list along when looking at a c900 :lol:. They'd be in for a real treat.

·
Registered
861 Posts
buying from sketchy owners can be good & bad. I wouldnt suggest doing the inspection yourself though... If his brother is showing you the car, etc, and all they do is bitch at eachother - sounds like they have other issues in their lives, and the car isnt necessarily top priority. It may have been #1 when he threw money at it in parts, but either got bored of teh car (i.e. you and the viggen), and just doesnt really give a shit anymore.

And honestly (without being a dick) their situation, sounds a lot like yours, minus the pissy brother. You got sick of the car, didnt really give a shit anymore what happened to it, just so long as it sold. Right? So, get it inspected by a professional, and maybe you can pull off a sweet car that some guy just got bored with.

Edit: ewww... didnt see the part about trans issue. Nevermind. pass.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Pass on that s2000, dude. Sketchy owner, sketchy car, transmission issues? Are you kidding me? Be patient, look for something else, and save yourself from making a big mistake. You may be able to get the sketchiest car of your dreams for 8k, but I bet the car will bankrupt you when you bring it to the mechanic.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah...give it time...you just sold your yellow banana. There are exponentially more s2000s around...take your time check a couple of them out!! If you are on a s2000 forum see if anyone is local and could come with you to check it out (or just see if you can go see their cars). Checking out a car by yourself only helps if you know what to look for (that doesn't mean using a checklist) or you just don't care and will live with the risk .

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
buying from sketchy owners can be good & bad. I wouldnt suggest doing the inspection yourself though... If his brother is showing you the car, etc, and all they do is bitch at eachother - sounds like they have other issues in their lives, and the car isnt necessarily top priority. It may have been #1 when he threw money at it in parts, but either got bored of teh car (i.e. you and the viggen), and just doesnt really give a shit anymore.

And honestly (without being a dick) their situation, sounds a lot like yours, minus the pissy brother. You got sick of the car, didnt really give a shit anymore what happened to it, just so long as it sold. Right? So, get it inspected by a professional, and maybe you can pull off a sweet car that some guy just got bored with.

Edit: ewww... didnt see the part about trans issue. Nevermind. pass.
Edit- seems like they are just distant they dont hate eachother. He cares a lot about the car. He said dude if you dont buy it its fine ill get it shipped to me, and he didnt put any money into the car previous owner did. Ill see what happens today i found a shop to inspect it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Sounds like you are already attached. Make sure the mechanic gives it a clean bill. If the mechanic is unable to go hold off on checking out the car until he can.

Tread lightly so you can find the best s2000 and not just jump on something you'll regret buying and have to sell.

·
User
9,193 Posts
make sure a mechanic drives it - check out that tranny. cause hell, whats a s2000 trans going to costs you? And its RARELY ever 'just teh synchros'
Supposedly the synchro's are the common failure on S2k trannys... Read it on a buyers guide in C&D.

41 - 60 of 368 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.