Saab Link Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
User
9,193 Posts
Yep.... choice A. It already has decent mods done to it, has less mileage and is 1000.00 cheaper. The only thing negative about it is that it is 3 years older.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Honda's take the beating much better than other cars. I would guess that almost any S2000 out there has had a fairly rough life due to their owners. I read in a C&D mag that 04+ S2k's are more refined and have some better features, but the main thing to look for is bad synchro's in the tranny.

·
User
9,193 Posts
^ Luca, I'm pretty sure HID's were standard on S2k's... did you ask how he got the dent? Was it from racing? :lol:

·
User
9,193 Posts
Some of the things on that list are just ridiculous. A dealer insignia? Give me a break. All you need is a blow dryer, some goo gone, and possibly some rubbing compound and wax if it's faded. :lol:

I would love to see someone bring that list along when looking at a c900 :lol:. They'd be in for a real treat.

·
User
9,193 Posts
make sure a mechanic drives it - check out that tranny. cause hell, whats a s2000 trans going to costs you? And its RARELY ever 'just teh synchros'
Supposedly the synchro's are the common failure on S2k trannys... Read it on a buyers guide in C&D.

·
User
9,193 Posts
^ Nice, about 1,700 dollar coilovers... does it have the EDFC (the electronic controller to adjust dampers)?

·
User
9,193 Posts
I'd rather not have the exhaust venting straight up spraying fuel and crap all over my windshield and having to breathe in the fumes... I'd much rather do a fender dump if you need to have it evacuated that quickly... like this one.

But hey, that's just me... I guess I think rationally. :lol: I'm not saying it's a bad location just because it's a Honda, I don't care if it's a Lamborghini Gallardo with a hood dump, to me it's a poor location...

·
User
9,193 Posts
Get video too... Congrats on the purchase! And why did your Viggen feel like it was going to fall apart?

·
User
9,193 Posts
Strange, never noticed any rattles in the Viggen's I've driven... maybe something was loose. Want some rattles, drive a c900 :lol:.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Needs left rear axle(squirting grease), rear tires, and front rotors/ well doesnt need them now.

The guys mom gave me 247 to pay for taxes because i was broke. Im not paying her back because it needs an axle which is 200 plus labor.
I thought your mechanic gave it the green light? :confused:

·
User
9,193 Posts
What are they, straight cut gears?

Also, you bought a car with no extra money that needs an axle, body repair, and new tires on top of that? Man... Come on. I've made tight budget decisions, but even I would have been a bit more careful of that.

·
User
9,193 Posts
That noise would drive me nuts. I'd much rather deal with a couple of rattles in the Viggen than a diff that sounds like a dying cow. :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.