Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

One day our children will see this video in History class, will they think of you as a hero for standing up to grave injustice, and changing this world, or will they think of you as a monster for condoning this and feeding the beast?
ive made my decision, this gear is squeaking.

·
Registered
301 Posts
War is a fucked up thing, man. Lots of innocent people on both sides have been lost. Lest we forget the 3,000 entirely innocent people who died in the Towers.

And the US soldiers who have also died in battle.

Or journalists who have been beheaded.

I'm not in anyway condoning what happened.

But like I said, war is a fucked up thing.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
i watched till about 11:00 or so.

i don't get what the big deal is? my guess is that those soldiers were given intel that insurgents were in that area.

a reasonable person would think that those individuals WERE carrying weapons, and some of them WERE.

if people had not been pointed out, i would have thought the camera man was carrying a weapon.

obviously if a journalist is going into an active combat zone there are risks? i'm sure they knew that.

do you think that only the guilty die in war? if you do, you are naive.

soldiers and police officers often have a mentality that a suspect or a victim is just that, a suspect or a victim...not a person. If every soldier thought he was murdering an innocent child every time...we would have no sane soldiers.

go look up what gallows humor is.

·
User
9,193 Posts
i watched till about 11:00 or so.

i don't get what the big deal is? my guess is that those soldiers were given intel that insurgents were in that area.

a reasonable person would think that those individuals WERE carrying weapons, and some of them WERE.

if people had not been pointed out, i would have thought the camera man was carrying a weapon.

obviously if a journalist is going into an active combat zone there are risks? i'm sure they knew that.

do you think that only the guilty die in war? if you do, you are naive.

soldiers and police officers often have a mentality that a suspect or a victim is just that, a suspect or a victim...not a person. If every soldier thought he was murdering an innocent child every time...we would have no sane soldiers.

go look up what gallows humor is.
Perhaps, but it doesn't give these people the right to laugh about killing people... I don't care how corrupt or guilty someone is (which these people weren't), laughing at their death is just plain wrong.

If you only watched til 11:00, you missed the truck running over a dead body and them laughing about it. Or how it was the people's fault for them bringing children into a battle zone... I suggest watching it in full, and then you can make your case.

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
LOAC was being followed and seeing as the ROE are not known can't say a thing.

I won't go into LOAC as I'm not JAG and therefor I'm not trained to know its intricacy. All I can say is it was being followed based on what I'm required to know.

For those that don't know ROE have a basic building block structure which can therefor be tailored for the actual theater environment but those instructions which supplement the ROE have to be approved at the highest levels first.

Won't even comment about character of individuals and how they carried themselves.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Perhaps, but it doesn't give these people the right to laugh about killing people... I don't care how corrupt or guilty someone is (which these people weren't), laughing at their death is just plain wrong.

If you only watched til 11:00, you missed the truck running over a dead body and them laughing about it. Or how it was the people's fault for them bringing children into a battle zone... I suggest watching it in full, and then you can make your case.
So do you know what everyones reactions should be - in all situations?

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
you should use some more acronyms that no one understands

I'm just glad Obama is getting us out of this war...
LOL, i was thinking the same thing after i read it.

So do you know what everyones reactions should be - in all situations?
Honestly, i have to agree with Zach in this instance (might be the first time actually :p ) You shouldn't enjoy killing someone, thats just sick even if they deserve it. Kill them and move on.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
so what do you want them to do, get out of the truck into a possibly hostile zone to move a dead body?

what are they going to do? kill them again?

not saying it should be funny, but laughter is a way of reducing stress...and soldiers have few ways of doing that. its called gallows humor.

working with my local pd/firehouse/lifeguard i've seen my fair share of dead people, and i'll tell you that people make jokes about it all the time.

this is nothing new.

·
Registered
301 Posts
not saying it should be funny, but laughter is a way of reducing stress...and soldiers have few ways of doing that. its called gallows humor.

working with my local pd/firehouse/lifeguard i've seen my fair share of dead people, and i'll tell you that people make jokes about it all the time.

this is nothing new.
+1 it's a coping mechanism.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Just another reason I could never join the military... I just couldn't kill someone, and if I was put in the situation of having to kill or be killed, I would never be the same again. I couldn't shrug it off instantly and be like, "Nice shootin' tex, you just caved those pricks! HAHAHAHAHAHA"... I would not be proud nor brag about what I had just done.

But that's just me...

People often wonder why so many hate our country and the people in it... it's not that hard to understand. We kill someone's father, sister, mother, daughter, son, etc... their kin is going to want revenge. Car bombs, Suicide missions, etc. aren't for nothing. I'm not saying it's justified, but there is a reason for their actions. I guarantee that if someone killed a loved one of mine in cold blood, I wouldn't just sit back and let it roll off my shoulders. Why do so many people hate "Iraqi's"? Not all are bad, just like not all American's are bad.

The whole world is corrupt... It wasn't our war to fight in the first place. We have way bigger things to worry about / spend money on in our homeland than to clean up someone else's country and create a government like our own there. We need to mind our own business and stay out of it... but it's too late for that.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The whole world is corrupt... It wasn't our war to fight in the first place. We have way bigger things to worry about / spend money on in our homeland than to clean up someone else's country and create a government like our own there. We need to mind our own business and stay out of it... but it's too late for that.
Pretty sure it started on September 11, 2001. At around 8:46am EST.

When 3,000 people were killed and 6,000 were hurt.

All innocent.

But Obama is getting us out of that war, remember?? The money we save can be used for health care. It will be a wonderful world.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Pretty sure it started on September 11, 2001. At around 8:46am EST.

When 3,000 people were killed and 6,000 were hurt.

All innocent.
But what does it solve to bring more suffering and death of innocent lives? Why did they do it in the first place? It's a never ending battle... There is no "winning" this war. There will always be enemies in this world that will want to bring harm to others. Their people have suffered great loss just as we did with 9/11... It goes both ways.

It goes back to kindergarten education... 2 wrongs don't make a right.

1 - 20 of 543 Posts