Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very happy with it thus far. It's a 94 with manual gearbox, ~162k on the clock, Eucalyptus green paint and wonderfully clean leather.

I have all the maintenance records from '94 including the original window sticker for $39k. The thing rides great and pulls like a beast. I'm so used to babying my c900's that I forgot what it's like to have some power on tap.

Only issues thus far: A/C needs a recharge, clear coat on a part of the roof is fading, cruise control doesn't work, headliner in the back is starting to go and there's a few dings and scrapes here and there. Mostly cosmetic issues, but overall mechanically sound. Shifts great and rides smooth with a very, very planted feel, if a bit heavy.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Beautiful car! Enjoy it. Seems as if everyones getting a new 9k lately, u bastards!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
For the cruise, check the switches at the clutch and brake, thats what always seems to be the issue when mine has stopped working over the years. You might already know this though, just thought id throw it out there. Looks nice, i always had a soft spot for that color.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Nice 9k Aero. Excellent color. Im not sure what your plans are fot the car but a set of these would make it look even better. (to go along with the clear turn signals on fender):
GenuineSaab.com

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Wicked!

Ecua green is soo nice.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I eyed that one awhile back before I ultimately picked up a silver Aero...which will run again someday.

If it's the one I'm thinking of it's riding on bilsteins on all four corners, right?

Sounded like a really well cared for car. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
If it has the bilsteins I'm sorry lol. I have them on my 9k and the ride is a little firm to say the least. Could be other factors too lol. The plus side though is that I have about 100k on mine and they ride as "good" as they did when they were new.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I eyed that one awhile back before I ultimately picked up a silver Aero...which will run again someday.

If it's the one I'm thinking of it's riding on bilsteins on all four corners, right?

Sounded like a really well cared for car. Congrats!
It does have Bilsteins on all four corners. He was trying to sell it late last year but was asking way too much. The price drop is what caught my attention.

JLausch said:
If it has the bilsteins I'm sorry lol. I have them on my 9k and the ride is a little firm to say the least.
It's a little firm, but nowhere near as bad as my c900. The KYB gas-a-just shocks on it ride really rough and don't handle that well. This corners flat and rides MUCH smoother. I'm thinking I need to look into ball joints, though. I'm noticing a clunk in the front end.

I got a DIY guide on the cruise control in all the documents that came with the car, but for the A/C, what do you all recommend? Taking it in or DIY?

Here's some interior shots. I was facing the sun so I got some insane lens flare, CA and purple fringing. I REALLY want the wood dash to liven things up. It's so grey in there. Comfy.. but grey..

Here's the headliner.. Apparently Bill the PO tried to patch it.. not so much.

Clean engine bay!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I believe 94 was the only year you could buy a Eucaliptus Green Aero, with no TCS. Sweet car!
They had it in 93.5 too. Sadly they all had TCS iirc, i know the earlier ones didn't have the override switch from the factory.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Nice. The interior looks to be in very good shape for 160k.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Sweet aero! I always liked that color on the aeros.

P.s. give me your seats ;)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Suggest that you have someone put a gauge on the A/C unit and see what kind of pressure there is currently.

If the A/C system doesn't have any moisture in it, then it might be easy, if it needs a repair, its a little harder.

I'm searching for a headliner, may have to break down and do one if I cannot find one.

Very happy with it thus far. It's a 94 with manual gearbox, ~162k on the clock, Eucalyptus green paint and wonderfully clean leather.

Only issues thus far: A/C needs a recharge,

Headliner in the back is starting to go and there's a few dings and scrapes here

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How do you know if there's any moisture in the system?

I read that you have to put in a certain amount, otherwise you can damage the compressor. How much do you put in this system?

Are you going to DIY the headliner with fabric or get a kit?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Ive always hated those style steering wheels. Ive also got a wood grain dash. Ill have to check and see what shape its in but the headlight switch hole has been bored out for a gauge. lmk

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
This makes me want a 9000 more and more!! Especially a 9000 Aero!!!! Nice steal man, love that color!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Definitely a nice a car! I remember when my ex and I went to look at a 91 9000 (before the aero badging came out) for her. Dam, that was back in 01, I was amazed at what the car came with and what it was capable of in stock trim.

Experience led to the purchase of the Vig for myself!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts