Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed up after looking at a few items. Nice pics! Well may need to edit out those non-Saab cars but still nice pics. :D

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Welcome to the site. Glad you could join us. What kind of saab do you have?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wizelcome! You came to the right place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here it is, a '04 9-3 Aero, three months old

It replace this masterpiece of a car, hey it lasted 14 years and still got good money for it in return.

Sorry for posting a non-Saab but just added it for reference or comedy?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Wow, that '04 is really nice. Is that an old school Merc below it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No Mec - VW

Blaque_Out said:
Wow, that '04 is really nice. Is that an old school Merc below it?
You're being tooooo nice, its a 1990 VW Fox GL (like the GL matters).

The Fox had power nothing! Now I have power everything! Quite a difference.

Eventhough that Fox was old it hung in there, not bad for a Brazilian made German Car :D

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
lol, a mercedes, haha

welcome to the site jar, if i'm not mistakin you are the second person on here to have an '04, congrats, i have a 97 900s, you'll learn what different cars are as time goes, don't jump in the boat to fast, you'll sink it, in other words, flood your brain with know-how, and you wont remember any of it, learn a little bit at a time, i'm actually still learning, sad... i've been here for so long too. lol

where do you live anyway?

~justin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
saabguy said:
lol, a mercedes, haha

welcome to the site jar, if i'm not mistakin you are the second person on here to have an '04, congrats, i have a 97 900s, you'll learn what different cars are as time goes, don't jump in the boat to fast, you'll sink it, in other words, flood your brain with know-how, and you wont remember any of it, learn a little bit at a time, i'm actually still learning, sad... i've been here for so long too. lol

where do you live anyway?

~justin
Hey Justin,

I'm down here in San Diego, where the bikini count has just come back up to normal levels at the beaches, it was getting weak for a time there with the maybe 1" of rain we had.

I don't think I'm tring to memorize everything just yet, I'm more into trying to burn some rubber and blast the radio to break in the speakers :lol: Still discovering everything on and in the car, funny thing is the Saab's weren't in my radar screen when I was first looking into getting a new car, luckily I saw one ad in a sports magazine and decided to go in for a look. I had test drove several other cars and decided on more wouldn't hurt and look at me now. I hadn't even seen the new ad on TV about most people buying a Saab after test driving one, I guess their marketing team hit me dead on center.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
HA HA HA FOX!! I have one of those - I can't give the POS away!! LOL it's an 1988 VW FOX 2 Door 4 Speed under 95,000 miles!!! VERY clean motor, runs well. Needs paint - i've started asking $800- even broke down to $500 - NO SALES!!! Many ppl interested and "serious" as they called it - but none showed the doe. I replaced it with the 87 9000T and recently bought my second project - the 1986 SPG. Welcome aboard, glad to see a Fellow Saaber who's seen the other side and walked in the RIGHT direction - away from VW :lol: :lol: damn Brazalian POS.... :p 8)
BTW - that musta been one HELL of a change in driving... Very Nice Saab.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
since you haven't sold that vw yet, send it up to tweek's meet, i'm sure we can find/build a jump for it, and i have a full face helmet, and a burn suit, and i can smash it up!

~justin

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
yeah... we still use it as the "loaner" and the emergency back up car. lol My dad will be using it all next week cause I'm gonna take the Grand Wagneer into the Shope for some work (steering stabilizer - new manifold and 4bbl carb. - wires, plugs - cap rotor. Tune up - the works really) So he'll be back in HIS old POS. Good thing I put a new clutch in it... he's gonna tear it up I'm sure LMAO. And if you wanna wreck the VW - I have NO problems with that - just give me $500 cash to give my rents and I'll find and have the title signed over 8) :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fox keeps going...

BurnsSide42 said:
HA HA HA FOX!! I have one of those - I can't give the POS away!! LOL it's an 1988 VW FOX 2 Door 4 Speed under 95,000 miles!!! VERY clean motor, runs well. Needs paint - i've started asking $800- even broke down to $500 - NO SALES!!! Many ppl interested and "serious" as they called it - but none showed the doe. I replaced it with the 87 9000T and recently bought my second project - the 1986 SPG. Welcome aboard, glad to see a Fellow Saaber who's seen the other side and walked in the RIGHT direction - away from VW :lol: :lol: damn Brazalian POS.... :p 8)
BTW - that musta been one HELL of a change in driving... Very Nice Saab.
Well you'd never believe what I ended up getting for that Fox, even with 135K miles on it, ok new clutch but broken AC/Heater/Defroster, bad paint (due to blowing upper radiator hose and not cleaning it up fast enough), interior was very good considering age, some buttons didn't work too well, one window was tough as nails to roll down and the visors had melted and broken off at the hinge (never go to the desert in August). It still burned rubber when shifting from first to second and was zippy as can be for a 75hp engine. It was a small tank, ok a few repair issues, tranny and two radiators, brakes, and of course tires :lol:

Bought new at $9,900 (without taxes) sold 14 years later for (drum roll....) $1,100! CASH! It took me 2 months to sell it on autotrader, plenty of I'll come by's but this one guy actually came by, looked at it, test drove it and the next night came with cash in hand as promised. I originally listed it for $1,500 then dropped it to $1,250, he twisted my arm so slightly for $1,100, who was I to say no? I would of taken my bare minimum of $850, I just wanted to play the game and won!

So if you still have yours just hold steady and somebody will need it sooner or later.

I never hated the car just wanted something better luxury-wise and power-wise, I waited till I could no longer stand being without the features (few as they were) that I needed, defroster, heater. Radio was and still is great, didn't buy the car with a radio instead got a nice Blaupunk (sp?) installed on the side, and it was cheaper. Yea, I blew the speakers out but hey thats life. It was a move up from the 1979 Toyota Corolla which was stolen from me back then, I had little cash and needed a car ASAP, enter Fox.

I guess we can let it die now, well actually someone else is driving it now, it lives on! I just don't want to own it again.

Yes, it was a great switch to the Saab, like living in a box to living in a palace. Most of my friends are shocked when they see me get out of it. I played it cool and didn't tell anyone, just showed up one day in a nice Saab.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
ha ha - nice. $1100!! That's insane. Mine has a new clutch, new valve cover gaskets, new timing belt, new radiator, new thermostat, new mirrors, fair interior (it's almost 17 years old too) and the radio has 4 working new speakers. Original working head unit. And it was 81hp from factory BTW. Prolly down to about 75 tho ;) lol The AS would work if re-installed and charged, I have the compressor in the trunk - and the heat worked too well. lol New windshield too and trunk deck. Even put new tires and clean rims and all 4 hub caps. I mean - it's worth $800 to a VW fool. They are just too damn poor to afford a Fox.... lol :lol:

·
10,303 Posts
I know..its in the back of my mind...have u seen I have had it up in the for sale section, you gonna post any info on it?

Will you warranty it too? :wink:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Warranty? :lol: Yeah, um, if it breaks, I'll pick you up and give you a ride home.

Honestly, I'm waiting for the snow to melt, then it's going to have to go. I'll probably clean it up, fix a few things, put it in the paper, and find a better spot. Not too many people drive by my house so it's not very visible.

We could use the money to put our kitchen back together right about now.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm willing to take just about anything at this point. Al would be happy if it just vanished. :D

At a minimum it needs tires, and the windshield crack is annoying. Plus there are at least a handful of little odds and ends all over that need attention. Brake fluid flush, etc. But you've seen the car so I won't waste any more time describing it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts