Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car back from the mechanic I went in for a 100000mile check and to fix some other stuff. I went to ABJ Foreign Auto in Sommerville. They did a great job. Real Honest People. The Manager, Al was real upfront with me about all the repairs and told what I could hold off on and what I could do myself which was real nice. I ended replacing the DI (he matched eeurparts price btw!)platinum NGK's. New Serp Belt and Pulleys as well as the tensioner. Also replaced temp sensor and gave the car a good overall check and tuneup. All said and done it was about $1000 a little more than I originally expected but if you consider the fact that I needed a new DI and that the dealer charge 600 just for the major sevice checkup I feel I came out on top in the end. The belts and pulleys were pretty bad and the car seems much quieter and the DI seems to have made a good imprvement. To much traffic this morning to really open it up but just thought I'd put the reccomendation out there for ABJ Foreign Auto in Somerville, MA

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parts:
Belt Tensioner - $148.32
Temp Controller - 27.44
Cabin Air Filter - $29.80
DI Cassette - $339.00
Platinum NGK -(4)- $31.52
Pulley - $49.28
Belt - $48.78
Belts and Tensioner Labor - $192.00
DI and Plug Labor- $48.00
Misc 100k Checkup Labor Fluid Top Etc. Tightening ETC - $96.00

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I particularly like the "Misc 100k Checkup Labor Fluid Top Etc. Tightening ETC - $96.00" quick BS way to get another $100 outta a customer - very smart on his belf - prolly was about $15 of actual fluids if that and labor.... lol "Tightening ETC" - I mean what the hell... did he like grease your S-roof and all your door hinges and all that at the least.... The place I worked at - we did that for customers.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just put the misc stuff all as one without having to itemize it all to save time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts