Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right. I've been fortunate enough to have had a good few months working in auto sales, so I finally bought my first car with <100k miles.

It's a 2006 BMW 330xi with Sport/premium/cold Weather. It's got 78k and it's a 6 mt.
Sparkling Graphite with Terra Dakota interior (drool.)

It's absolutely the best car I've had the pleasure to drive. These cars are REALLY as good as all the reviews say they are!! It's incredibly well-engineered and I'll have Pics this afternoon after I detail it!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
nice options, Im not sure about the e90s but i was told that the e46's have a lot of AWD specific components that drive repair cost up,, Might be worth researching before said repairs need to happen..

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks! It's hard to find anything wrong with it! Some things I've found:

-The door handles each have an LED light illuminating the ground beneath the door.
-You can roll down all the windows and prop the sunroof...with your key.
-Awesome cruise control.
-Logic 7 sound isn't as good as I thought.
-The lights turn with the road!
-There's some kind of ambient lighting in the cabin, not sure if fibre optic or led.

I also realized why everyone hates run-flats. These wheels are beasts with 255's in the rear

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Sparkling graphite metalic? Nice color, but I have to give my friend shit about the name all the time. lol (has an '08 in the same color)
How do you do that??

The E90 has seriously grown on me, especially after driving one. Very tight feel on the road, nice delivery of power, even in a base model. My plan is a 335i for my next car.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When you're in range, you hold the unlock button and all the windows roll down, and the sunroof pops.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
true, but I'm pretty sure Audi and VW let you roll them up. How do they get away with it?

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
thanks! It's hard to find anything wrong with it! Some things I've found:

-The door handles each have an LED light illuminating the ground beneath the door.-so classy
-Awesome cruise control-shit yes, makes so much sense
-Logic 7 sound isn't as good as I thought.
-The lights turn with the road!-only on the "auto" setting
-There's some kind of ambient lighting in the cabin, not sure if fibre optic or led. -im not sure what it is either, it comes from either the bottom of the rear view, or near where the sunroof button is.

I also realized why everyone hates run-flats. These wheels are beasts with 255's in the rear
Also, push the button below the rear view mirror control.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The ambient light comes from two little holes (I believe LEDs) on the overhead switchpack by the sunroof controls. I started covering up stuff in my buddy's to find where it was coming from. lol

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also, push the button below the rear view mirror control.
Isn't that for the auto dimming mirror, or am I thinking of something else?

The *almost* silent turn signals are perfect. Sure enough, BMW engineered 90% of the sound out of them. There's only one tiny "click."

Very Intuitive layout of the controls and steering wheel buttons.

I personally think the cup-holders are excellent. Similar in location and form to the Saabs, but they're actually effective at holding your drink. Some people complain because they expect the typical, giant, ugly, american-sized cup holders.

The car has split personalities. When driving around town, and keeping revs under 4k, the car is really docile, however, drop a gear or two and let it wind up (which it does so sweet and smoothly) and from 5-7k RPM it's like a wild animal. I'll finish an exciting drive and I imagine the car grinning at me as if to say "that's it? What else you got?" As viggenluca would say, I don't have the driving skills to push the car beyond its limits.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
also, I bought those nice digifit Weathertech floor mats and I recommend them to everyone despite what kind of car you have! They're very high quality and totally worth the money.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts