Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i bought my second 9000. im only 16 haha:D. its a 94 cse. this past june my 96 9000 cs spun a rod bearing so it has been off the road. i have been working on it for that past week or so and pulled out the motor with a friend. it took a total of about 4 hours to pull it, not bad for a first time for both of us. i bought the 94 as a parts car for the motor. its an auto but the tranny is blown all but reverse haha. my 96 is 5speed and the tranny only has around 15k on it so im gunna swap all the good stuff into the 96 and hopfuly have a running 9000 before snow falls. thats my goal. hopfuly it will happen. ill put some pics up for every one too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
or perhaps sacrifice both and neither ultimately runs :)
Where are those photos from, a Saab wrecking yard?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's at a Saab mechanic place in plaistow nh and the first one is inmy driveway and all the saabs are pretty much junk in that yard. That's where I found mine haha :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welll.. you should discover that it drives much better with real wheels and tires.. as opposed to the 'space saver' spares.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Good work on pulling the engine, I did my first Saab engine when I was 18, good feeling.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
..the spares are just for the tow, and thanks it really is a great feeling it will be even better when ivey one in And itruns:) and I'm not sure, it's in NH. Google duke of Saab im not sure of the number.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll get them when I can I'm still working 6 days a week andschool full time so I don't have much time

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice wheels man. lol

i have neon green steelies on my 9K for winter haha.
Haha thanks =) and if I could rock that I would. But mine doesn't run yet haha but neon green steelies sound Ill

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pulled the motor from the 94 put. Now alittle bit of switching trannys I switched over the intake manafolds today cuz the 96 is shinnier:)) haa

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Automatic tranny came off the 94 today. It's hard when it's dark out side and I'm by myself ahah but I'm one step closer. And it doesn't help working 25 hours a week and still being in highschool from 7-2

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Damn dude, when I was in high school and working, the most I was able to do was redo my headliner. Props for tackling this yourself, keep it up!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts