Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The whole engine..They are letting me buy it in installments I offered $800 and they took it. So now it looks like I have the extra head I need..and some random parts 8)

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ha ha, I got the pics, and its an 86. I swear he said 96. Needles to say the deal is off. Ahh well. :roll:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Tweek, I know where there is an extra engine from a 96 900 SE that was wrecked. Let my know if you are still looking for an engine.
Eric

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
wow - $800 for an 86 16V 2.0L!! That's insane! I bet that guy shit his pants when he heard that offer. Those motors are damn cheap - IDC how low the mileage is - they are just sooo common. tho, for a 96 2.0L $800 isn't too bad, a little steep, but I'm cheap so... it's prolly alright if it's low mileage.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Well while you guys are looking for the engine...can I get the plastic shield that goes over the intake manifold and around the throttle body? Thats all I need :roll:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Blaque_Out said:
Well while you guys are looking for the engine...can I get the plastic shield that goes over the intake manifold and around the throttle body? Thats all I need :roll:
Or one better ...

Maybe people will think it really has a 2.3 turbo in it? :lol:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea that would be nice. The only bad part is that the oil fill / dipstick is in a different spot on the T5s. But thats EXACTLY what i need...damn.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ced, The place I called about the engine, is the place i figured would have the grill. No dice.

I did get ahold of the head and cams Ive been looking for. $400. I am swinging buy on Thurday to make a dp. I will look for the plastic cover and girll if you want.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I could use one of those plastic throttle body parts myself.

$800 for a 96 would have been a nice buy though... guess it's back to saabnet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts