Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

Just been for a run into Leeds via the motorway to do some shopping and seeing how we've still had no snow here, (and yes, I am bitter about it! Dry and cold just isn't any fun dammit! :twisted: ), decided to have a bit of fun in the 9-5.

All was going well until some little oik in his dad's Jaguar S-Type decided he wanted to be a to$$er, tailgate me and generally act like a prick.

Normally I'm not a big fan of thrashing my car to prove my motor's better than someone else's thanks to a combination of making a previous car of mine do somersaults a few years back and generally being an old bugger, but this time I thought fcuk it. He'd been winding me up for a few miles by hanging off my back bumper so I let him get next to me at a set of lights leading onto the M1 and he was revving his engine and generally giving me all the signs he wanted to try and show me his car was better than mine. Silly boy.

Lights changed and we both floored it, difference is, his driving, for want of a better word, was shit. By the time I hit 70 he was a good three car lengths behind me. Best thing is, after I got off the motorway, he followed my through town and at every set of lights tried to leave me standing. You'd think after one or two times he'd get bored and realise he wasn't going to get ahead of me. He didn't :D

Unfortunately I had to stop and park up so I could actually get some shopping done but if not I could have probably carried on letting him play catch up all day.

Hehe!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Stubborn little asshole couldnt figure it out. I dont know about these younger kids, maybe they just need to be bitch slapped. Nice kill anyways despite the big ego and poor driving. Did you notice if it was the 3 or 4 liter engine not that it would have mattered with the driver? Also what 9-5 were you in?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the replies lads :D

I'm not sure what S-Type he was in, but it looked way too expensive to be his car, unless it's company car. Anyway, I didn't see much of his car's rear end, but he definately got a good view of mine :twisted: (The 9-5's rear end, not mine :D )

I've got a 2.0 ltp 9-5 Ecopower. It's either an SE or an Airflow depending on who you talk to. Leather interior, stock stereo system and that old favourite, a knackered SID!

It was soooo much fin winding him up, but the best kill has to be when I managed to embarrass a little git in a Citroen Saxo (we don't have that many Ricers over where I live, it tends to be modded European hot hatches). Car full of 17-18 year olds, including a pretty cute girl in the passengers seat who looked like she was going out with the burberry wearing knob in the drivers seat. He had an exhaust that must have been a baked bean tin in a former life judging by the noise it made and he was revving the crap outta the engine at the lights. Left him standing about five of six times, and by the end, I think i'd converted his girlfriend to being a Saab fan going by the looks she was giving my freshly washed and waxed car :twisted:

Probably could have pulled her too if I hadn't have been about six years older than her lol!

·
Registered
222 Posts
SIx years, thats it! I would have to say that is fair game my friend. I like to look at it as a 60yr old male dating/married to a 54 yr old woman. See when I say it like that it doesnt seem out of the question. :lol: I dont know what it is about the loud fart cans. There is nothing better than seeing some dude hammer the gas with a fart can but run about an 8sec 0-60. When are they gonna get it?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
More ego then car or driving ablitiy, good kill that Oik (I belive was the term) had it coming. Not just once but everytime he tired, hes gotta be stupid to keep trying, He'll think twice next time hes you. His girlfriend will definitely thinking about you. :wink:

nikainsworth wrote:
my freshly washed and waxed car
Thats the beifit of not having snow, my car looks like a drity white car,
when its really green. :?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hehe, I could start a whole new post about if his girlfriend really does think about me, but sods law says I'd either get banned from the forum (which I definately don't want!), or she doesn't go for bank managers :D

Can't wait till summer, we've got a street in town with god knows how many clubs and bars on it and monday night's student night, so you're guaranteed to have a shed load of Yorkshire's finest females wandering round wearing next to nothing, and loads of little ricer-mobiles and eurotrash hot hatches racing up and down trying to impress the ladies. Could be fun going down there and winding up the natives... Any takers? :twisted:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hehehe silly Jaguar. Nice job on making him feel dumb. First rule of any competition is know your enemy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm starting to think my Saab attracts idiots (Not me before anyone says it! :D )

Just nipped out seeing how it's seven in the morning and the roads are pretty quiet, and a kid in a tatty old Fiat Uno tried racing me :evil:

It was a lovely shade of pink where the paintwork had oxidised, and had cheap, battered, plastic wheel covers with those spinner things attached. Truly shocking!! The worst thing about it was that it had a bull bar and bonnet scoop on it!

Gotta love it when the car is older than the little scrote driving it! :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm starting to think my Saab attracts idiots (Not me before anyone says it! :D )

Just nipped out seeing how it's seven in the morning and the roads are pretty quiet, and a kid in a tatty old Fiat Uno tried racing me :evil:

It was a lovely shade of pink where the paintwork had oxidised, and had cheap, battered, plastic wheel covers with those spinner things attached. Truly shocking!! The worst thing about it was that it had a bull bar and bonnet scoop on it!

Gotta love it when the car is older than the little scrote driving it! :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When you say there are a lot of tossers over here, do you mean me, or the idiots I've just described :?:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No worries mate, buy me a pint whenever i get over to Orange County and I'll consider the matter closed (Warm beer preferably, I am English after all!) :D

Seriously though, you hit the nail on the head when you said the UK has it's fair shair of tossers. Driving standards over here suck, and while I'm not saying I'm an expert driver, far from it, there's shedloads I want to learn to make sure I can get the most out of my car, you've got to worry when some little oik/scrote/twat (pick your preferred term of abuse and use as and when required), can go and buy an old banger, drive like a lunatic, not have insurance and then go and knock someone down, and just get a £250 fine!!!

We had a foreign taxi driver recently who did just that, knocked down and killed an old guy crossing the road at a crossing on a nice straight road, no hidden bends or anything, plowed straight into him and left him for dead at the scene. His defence was he was scared to stop in case his victims family were around! :evil:

Another good example of generally shite driving in this country was today, when it was pissing it down on the M1 coming out of Leeds, I was stuck in rush hour traffic where two of the UK's major motorways intersect, so as you can imagine, it's a bit busy most of the time, so at rush hour, it's like LA on crack... Add to that poor visibilty and a slippy road, then throw in a sales rep in a bloody BMW who thinks he's immune to the laws of nature and can go stupidly fast just because his car's German!?!

Going to stop there otherwise this'll turn into a rant!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rant continues then.... (With extra english swearing for all you Anglophiles out there.... :) )

Knobhead in the BMW finally realised his mistake when he was doing close to a ton on a soaked, slick motorway and there was a somewhat fucking massive traffic jam in front of him, so he decided to under-take and generally drive like an even bigger knob. Kinda got my own back on him when he nipped into a space between two trucks and couldn't get back out due to being boxed in. Probably due to traffic not moving at all on one side of him, and a silver Saab driven by someone who shall remain nameless driving at exactly the same speed as him on the other side... :D

I'd just been on a training course for work and had my boss in the car with me who kept asking if I'd seen the bloke next to me frantically indicating...

hehehehehe :twisted:

Did find out something quite nice today that we could use today to reduce the number of ricers that are out there. Apparantly I'm within my rights to decline a loan for anyone at work and I don't need to give a reason, i can just put it down to my employers being "Resposible Lenders" and not wanting to over-commit someone to a loan they can't afford. All we need now is for you lot to come over here and start working for the same bank I do so we can refuse people who go into a bank to ask for a car loan to buy a Ricer. Result :twisted:

Ahhh power, so much fun when it's abused properly :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts