Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I could buy a Chevy Cavalier, or a truck of some sort, or a Toyota or Honda of some kind and not be made fun of at school for what my taste in cars is, or I could buy a Saab which is prettier, more fun to drive, and has TONS more "soul" than any of those other cars do and be made fun of at school, and probably end up having it screwed around with in someway.

I'd buy a Saab ANY day. Hands down. No contest.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Im beginning to think you like the sound of your own keyboard*

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha if he's a Saab fanboi like I am, than yes, I guess I am far back. Haha, that's why I'm here, that's just how I like it, Saab through and through. Although I just found a 1970 VW Carmen Ghia on CL.com for $750. I'm seriously considering it, maybe if it comes down just a tad. The transmission and engine are strong and it runs, just needs rocker panels fixed and heater swap boxes repaired. Both rust issues. Anyway........

132417SAAB: lol, haha that's actually partly true. My iBook G4 makes quite a nice sound for a keyboard. :lol:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have seriously just been wanting a c900 hatch back with a manual or a Toyota pickup. Actually, where I am in Maine, everybody at my school thinks that a Toyota pick up is stupid too. That it's a girls truck. Well, it's small, but it's pretty quick, and it's more fuel efficient, and it USUALLY won't blow a tranny out at 110k miles like a Chevy or a Ford. Everyone is for Chevy/GMC or Dodge up in this part of Maine. Ford's and anything foreign are frowned upon, hence why I get tons of crap for driving a Saab. So do the other kids (he has a '99 9-3 turbo and one has a 9-5 wagon) they are my fellow Saab friends shall we say.

Sad story actually: my friend who has the '99 Saab 9-5 wagon used to have a "Saab green" '99 9-3 turbo. He crashed it into a telephone pole at 50MPH on the way to a soccer game on the same road as my school back in October. He and his brother walked away and played the soccer game that afternoon. With a concussion. Just shows you how safe they are. It's in a parts yard at a garage next to my school now actually. Has been for months. Engine and tranny are good, but the frame is bent. Amazing that they walked away from it actually. Bittersweet I guess. :/

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, I could buy a Chevy Cavalier, or a truck of some sort...
132417SAAB: lol, haha that's actually partly true. My iBook G4 makes quite a nice sound for a keyboard. :lol:
iBook... at 16?
Although I just found a 1970 VW Carmen Ghia on CL.com for $750. I'm seriously considering it, maybe if it comes down just a tad. The transmission and engine are strong and it runs, just needs rocker panels fixed and heater swap boxes repaired. Both rust issues. Anyway........
You buy it... or your parents?

There is a difference in saying you are going to buy it, and your parents buying it and it being yours.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
a g4 ibook can be had pretty damn cheaply....

I didn't get my first laptop until i was 19.... but that was 7 years ago.

please keep your shit talking/trolling relevant.

kthnxbai

Also, going back to the first post....

Please never use "prettier" to describe a Saab. Use works like badass, or epic, or fucking amazing....

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Besides, his parents probably got tired of cleaning the sin from their keyboard.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Too hurt? What, did he drift his e36 into a stop sign?
If by stop sign you mean an Armenian driving a Mercedes, then yes.

I have seriously just been wanting a c900 hatch back with a manual or a Toyota pickup. [...] Well, it's small, but it's pretty quick, and it's more fuel efficient, and it USUALLY won't blow a tranny out at 110k miles like a Chevy or a Ford or a c900.
Fixed.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts