Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was planning on buying the JT Full 3" Exhaust with one muffler from Genuine Saab and i was NOT planning on adding a Cat because green Bay does not have Vehicle inspections. anyway some guys i talked to said it would be bad for my car not to have a Cat because it would mess-up my Oxygen?
So my Question is- Is it bad to have a cat-less exhaust on a T7 9-3 Saab

·
Registered
610 Posts
Just have the second O2 sensor tuned out and you will be fine. Plenty of guys on here should be able to confirm....

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
So i was planning on buying the JT Full 3" Exhaust with one muffler from Genuine Saab and i was NOT planning on adding a Cat because green Bay does not have Vehicle inspections. anyway some guys i talked to said it would be bad for my car not to have a Cat because it would mess-up my Oxygen?
So my Question is- Is it bad to have a cat-less exhaust on a T7 9-3 Saab
I like to put the rear 02 sensor bung in the pipe anyway, it seems to help some cars, ground it or somthing and on some cars it will still throw a cel if even if you turn it off and there is some other things you can do with tuning to keep it from coming in, same things you have to do when you run no cat. THere is a lot more maps that have to be turned off for a no cat car than just the rear 02 in the firmware. My experience is it will still throw a cel unless you have it tuned for no cat.

Some cars even with cat will throw cel if the rear 02 is not grounded in the pipe, so I like to get a 10 buck 02 bung from Napa and have it welded in the pipe, this almost always works, no cel if the tune is set up right.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts