Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quicktime is required:

This is from outside the car in the back. Inside is ALOT quieter, otherwise he said he would've removed it.

http://130.235.150.5/~bollman/saabljud.mp4

Also an in-car video:

http://130.235.150.5/~bollman/70130.mp4

The exhaust is the JT 3" full exhaust (turbo back) w/ Sports Cat and the 2 muffler setup. Its on Bollman's 1999 9-3 SE 2.0L Turbo w/ a Stage 1 BSR ECU...which he plans to upgrade to a Maptun Stage 3.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No he did it with an MD recorder and a cheap mic.

Yea im sure yours sounds deeper, but ur exhaust is universal aftermarket.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
it wont let me listen to the clips....i tried opening it from the site and saving it to my comp. but it still didnt work...man that sucks

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
iwantaviggen said:
it wont let me listen to the clips....i tried opening it from the site and saving it to my comp. but it still didnt work...man that sucks
They require Quicktime.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i have quicktime, but they wont work on mine, but then again, this lump of shit i call a computer is just that, a lump of shit, that doesnt work

·
Administrator
302 Posts
You´ll need a fairly new QT, like, 6 or newer. It´s MPEG4.

I put the mic under the rear hatch. The drains for water is quite big and would house the mic, the wire going inside over the rubber. I hope you understand, these parts of a car is not exactly in the vocabulary you learn in school... :D

I recorded it on a MD (easier, since it has auto recording level and is a bit small than a laptop, and also have a better battery lifetime ;))

I haven´t done any "post-processing" on the file. I could give it some more bass, since the mic probably has poor response in the low register.
I was planning to put one mic under the hood the next time also, to get the BOV-sound. But this will require me to get a mixer into the car, but it _will_ be done :) Also, I will optimize the placing of the rear mic, to get better sound, and to get rid of the wind shear.

The speedo was recorded with my celly, a SonyEricsson P900, it records directly to MPEG4.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
You notice it sounds similar to a Subaru boxer engine? Cool! So will it sound similar, if not, deeper on a 9-5 aero? 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts