Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I was told he does not STOCK them due to lack of order #'s - but will still special order then - meaning they are still to be had - but a 2-3 week after order will be present. SO - just know they are still available - but you must contact nick/genuine indivisually - as far as I was informed.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
It is not a problem to get. Just not a high volume part. We have not yet had time to get all the exhausts into the new catalog. Seems it is one of those problems where the more we work on the site the more we have to work to ship parts. :D Not really a problem at all. Will be soon. Thanks all!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
just a heads up Nick - I will be looking into a JT exhaust atleast from the DP back come spring time - I plan to build my car then (when it gets warm again) - so if there's a way you can keep the door open that'd be great. I'm afraid of the "Not really a problem at all. Will be soon." Comment you said - so I'm giving you a heads up man. Thanks!
~BurnsSide~

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wonder how much a custom one from a local exhaust shop with mandril benders would cost?

·
Registered
119 Posts
it could however be less than a full system

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
uh, on the order of about $1500 is what that one guy from twinsaabs said his cost

·
Registered
299 Posts
Castor Troy said:
uh, on the order of about $1500 is what that one guy from twinsaabs said his cost
but that one was in stanless steel and insanley nice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i'm currently running the 3 inch jt system and man what a noise 8) my friend said it was nasty 8) but i got the performance downpipe yesterday so just waiting on the weather being being kinder to move the battery and fit the pipe ,i'll keep you all up to date about any gains over the 3 inch system from the elbow back :roll: heres hoping it will be :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: 8)

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago, but genuine saab has been having trouble with their supplier apparently, so I still don't have it yet. It would be nice if I could expect it within the month but I'm not real real hopeful as it seems that when JT Does ship out stuff they don't ship out all of it because at last time we talked they got the downpipes, but not the rear exhausts... oh well, I'm sure one of these days I'll get it :) I am in no serious hurry because the exhaust I have is still in good shape, but I would hate to think what would happen if I needed one right away. I would have to say you should stay away from JT if you are in the US and need an exhaust in a hurry... 2 months is a long time to drive about with no exhaust

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
did you? I wonder how much we would be talking for international shipping, as they are based in the UK... I am going to give genuine saab till the end of January but if I don't have it by then, I'll probably just cancel it, bite the bullet and pay the international shipping.

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well- shame it's about 4X what the JT system costs also, there is no 3" exhaust elbow eliminator that‘s not selling for crazy money (the JT one is $250 some)... oh well, I can wait :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hey when you guys installed yr jt downpipe, did u flange the end of it?? or just weld it to the other pipe, or even clamp it?

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
deniss- I do my own work in that I can clamp stuff together :lol:

GreySPG, I have not got my JT exhaust yet so I'm not sure what I am going to do but I am probably going to take it to a muffler shop and get a 3" bolted on cat put on, but also have them keep the 3" section they cut off and have them put that on a flange for me so that "in-between" inspections I could go catless for "trackdays" and such ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
i went out this morning and moved the battery ,made up new +leads then fitted the j t elbow downpipe to the jt system 8) , all went well with no real problems fitting wise ,tidied up the tools then went a 30 mile blast :twisted:
as the car was i was loosing traction in first second and third as the roads are a bit damp but now i'm loosing traction a lot sooner and even lost traction in 4th one or twice 8) so i'd say the downpipe is a good upgrade over the stock elbow set up,spool up is improved as is the power delivery, it also sounds smoother at wot ,so all in all a good few hours work with great results by the end of it 8)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Jez becarefull in those lower gears, i don't wanna find your 2nd gear in my lawn over here in the us :lol: ...i was also going to move my battery from my trunk over to the drivers side where my stock IC was....i'm making custom piping for my spearco FMIC i'm gonna get. Just curious how have people mounted there battery there, or what kind of bracket did they use?? Can u use the stock battery plate over there?? hmmm :?:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts