Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im running my JT system catless, and just got it installed today. One word...DAMN. This system is wonderful. It hits my subframe brace, so I'll have to remove it, but no problems at all. I didn't even need to add a second O2, since the piping came with both. 8)

Thumbs up to Nick at Genuine Saab for the pronto delivery, and an excellent product.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hey thumbs up on the jt system i just installed my JT 3" downpipe today no cat. It is awsome but it bit loud!! im thinking its because i have a 2.5'' catback. Do you know if i get the 3'' cat back it will quite it down? i remebr reading something that nick from genuine saab wrote that it will quite it down does anyone know...? also your downpipe hit your subframe brace? i didnt seem to have a problem with it

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I deleted the extras tanner ;) But actually im not sure whats hitting. I know something is though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
thanx :) yeah i havent seemed to notice rubbing yet .... hope u figure it out though... do you know anything about what i wrote... regarding the 3" catback quiteing it a bit

·
10,303 Posts
I think the subframe brace he is refering to is an aftermarket addition.

The downpipe has to large of a diameter to allow for the brace to fit properly. It is a component of the Viggen Rescue Kit, Abbott sells this kit, but i priced the parts out seperatly and found them cheaper from varios sellers stateside.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
The cat does a great deal of the quieting.

The Jt 2 muffler systems are not too bad with a cat, nearly stock loudness only deeper. The 1 muffler Jt are a bit louder. Surprisingly the factory accessory 900/9-3 system is one of the louder options.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The Viggen has a fairly loud factory exhaust. Even with both stock cats and both stock mufflers, with only a 2.5" diameter it really makes a rumble at idle, and when under boost you can clearly hear the exhaust note if you have the rear left window down. It's quite nice. Combine with the whoosh from an intake and you send a very clear message to all would be "ricers" ....

·
Registered
745 Posts
maybe you could add a few spacers to the subframe brace to keep it from hitting the downpipe.....

just a thought..

·
10,303 Posts
That would put it horibly low to the ground. Also I think it would weaken the unit..in the sense it could flex the longer bolts used in conjunction with the spacers.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just for those who wonder...the guy that helped me do the install was listening as I hit WOT leaving his house (he lives on a country road..no cars). He immediately called me and said it sounded as if a Jet was taking off in front of his house. The funny thing is that he wasn't talking about exhaust, but the whoosing noise from my intake.

The exhaust makes all turbo noise louder..thus effecting the intake and turbo whine. Personally...I love it 8)

Now as for as the subframe brace, I need to take a look at exactly where the exhaust is hitting to determine if removing it would be best. I don't think extending it would be beneficial.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
yes blaque_out...with my 3in DP i decided to remove the subframe brace in all...i figured spacing it out would defeat the purpose....

but about the rattling i still have some sort of rattle...but i cant find where its comming from....its kinda nerve racking....i hope its not breaking anything....

and the turbo sounds soooo nice with the DP and open air kit!

·
Registered
140 Posts
i'm so jealous i want my exhuast on!!!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
saab4life said:
i'm so jealous i want my exhuast on!!!
Did you figure out the deal with your exhuast? Also Installing the exhaust was easy as hell. Took us about 2hours, but thats because we messed around alot, and took alot of breaks lol.

But you can easily do it yourself in your driveway under some ramps.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i cant tho, because i have to get all that custom shit done..i went to a exhaust shop and got a quote of like 250$ for all the work plus piping and o2 sensor work and what not.

·
Registered
140 Posts
forgot to mention.. the custom cat back will only be 2.5" if i get it done at the shop

1 - 18 of 18 Posts