Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well there have been a few posts on exhaust on the other site, looks like I can get a 3" JT system from genuine saab for around $570 with the 3" down pipe from the turbo, $350 with out it (would have to use the stock elbow running to the 3" section). the one with the 3" outlet from the turbo requires re-location of the battery, but I had planned to move that over to the driver side anyway when I installed the intercooler. think I can beat this price anywhere? I had originally planned to take the car to "low cost exhaust" and have them do a 3" system, but this maybe a better value. only thing I see as a problem with the JT system is that it does not come with a cat, and I will need one of those (bolted so I can remove it) and that in itself kind of kills the value of the JT system because I would still need that custom work done on it... any ideas / suggestions?

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
well, we talked about this on aim, but i'll share with them.

what I plan on doing is getting the JT 3" downpipe, and then just putting on a section of 3" ID tubing from summit, as well as one of summit's glasspacks. that'll end up costing about $300, and although you wont have the exhaust sticking out of the bumper, my uncle ran the glasspack + tubing from the cat back to the axle, and it sounded VERY nice. i cant wait to see what mine sounds like... :D

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
that just ain't legal.... the exaust must exit the car from any side of the car - if it doesn't it's deemed as "unsafe" and would NEVER pass any State inspections here in PA. In our area (too close to the damn city) we are required to have a Catalyst.... so as long as it LOOKS like we have a cat, and it passes the emmissions it's all good. Once you pass for the year you can remove it and pop back on a straight pipe or something.... As to the JT stuff - not sure, perhaps contacting them and asking if they could work with ya.....

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
maybe in PA....but not here in montana....meh to emissions testing

·
Registered
119 Posts
If I had a turbo I would get the full 3" system w/o cat and very little in the way of mufflers(if any)

we dont have emmisions around here.. :twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts