Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night jonezy reliazed that his spg is stolen, the car is a 1991 pearl geen 900 spg, with the spg panells and bumpers in the saam green color, the interior is all light grey including the dash the aero seats and the dooe panells.
the car also has a thule roof rack. and the plates are ohio, ( j spg )
car was stolen in brooklyn new york, but it could be any where now, we hope it can be found soon.
so keep your eyes open for it. their is only one spg that looks like that jonezy's
so if you see do not think twice to act.

thanks
900 aero

·
7,595 Posts
wow, that really sucks. it was such a nice car. I know this may sound negative, but it was probably another saaber who did it. someone who knows saabs could get a C-900 started in 2 minutes, more like 20 seconds if you didn't care about breaking the center console. someone who knows saabs also knows how much the parts on his car are worth. keep an eye on ebay for a green SPG kit and a whale tale if you want to find who did it.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
:shock: :shock: What the hell - that's not kewl. That really sucks, that car was awesome - I sure hope whoever stole it IS not a saaber and doesn't part it... I mean, there's a lot of value to his no doubt, but there are so many other cars one could steal worth sooo much more! Damn - that sucks hardcore. I'll keep an eye on e-bay for parts and post as soon as I see anything. I hope he gets it back in the same shape it left in :cry: :cry:

·
Administrator
668 Posts
god damn that makes me mad as hell! I swear if I ever find anyone trying to steal my car they will be hard pressed to walk for the rest of their life.

·
Registered
461 Posts
If it ever makes it out here to utah I will find it. I will then find who did it and not turn them in but tie them up and we shall deal with them on our own terms. Specifically whatver he has done to the car we do to him(assuming a lady wouldn't steal such a nice item). I'll help keep a watch on ebay though too. Dirty rat bastard that he is I hope he slips on ice and punchures his testiclas with a rusty nail.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Chances are it wasn't a Saab fan. No Saab guy would hurt that car and the parts are not worth THAT much. There are still loads of free or near free parts out there. Also a Saab guy would probably know other Saab guys who know one of us and they would be found out. I bet it turns up trashed with the radio (if it's there) still tuned to the local rap station with the bass turned up to the max and the seats reclined to the max. Or they'll take the body parts and put them on their base 1985 900 automatic with the tinted over dead bug and 1990's curly cell phone antenna. Look for a whale tail bolted to a 4 door and you got your man. Makes me sick to think about. Untill it shows up though, keep representing.

·
Registered
363 Posts
DeLorean said:
someone who knows saabs could get a C-900 started in 2 minutes, more like 20 seconds if you didn't care about breaking the center console.
Probably not the place to argue, but anyone who doesn't know saabs can start it with in 5sec of getting into the car. Just take a flat head screw driver and hand (or hammer) and slam it (the screwdriver) into the ingition. Then twist.

I've been told by a few a my local shop that this works fairly often.

I'm kinda far from where it was stolen, but there are hardly any saabs around me, accept in DE. But defently right, nothing like it. If I see it i'll do what i can.

Ian

·
Registered
432 Posts
thats sucks, sorry to hear that man!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Alot of us put alot of time and MONEY into our cars.....To see someone lose such a car is sad! It makes me want to go look for it myself. Lets hope it comes back in one piece. Oh by the way I can use the key for my SPG to start my SPG PARTS CAR

·
Registered
314 Posts
dad informed me of this a few days ago. a lot of saabs in the area, it def stands out..we are on the defense and if we see it, the person shall pay!

·
Registered
711 Posts
saab90089 said:
DeLorean said:
someone who knows saabs could get a C-900 started in 2 minutes, more like 20 seconds if you didn't care about breaking the center console.
Probably not the place to argue, but anyone who doesn't know saabs can start it with in 5sec of getting into the car. Just take a flat head screw driver and hand (or hammer) and slam it (the screwdriver) into the ingition. Then twist.

I've been told by a few a my local shop that this works fairly often.

I'm kinda far from where it was stolen, but there are hardly any saabs around me, accept in DE. But defently right, nothing like it. If I see it i'll do what i can.

Ian
People who aren't familiar with Saabs will have a very long and hard time trying to start the car...

they will be looking all over the place for the ignition switch! (I've seen it in person!)

The best screwdriver way (on most all older cars) is to jam a big flat bladed Craftsman screwdriver in with a light tap from a hammer. Then use an appropriate open-end key wrench to turn the screwdriver (you know, the screwdrivers with the hexagonal shafts). Works very very well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts