·
Registered
656 Posts
Car's looking great!

What did you use on the lights?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Not sure if it's been said, but make sure you put some sort of uv protection back on those lights. 3m clear bra is a great option.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Regarding dog leg rust, my car is completely rust free and I'd like to keep it that way but it will see winter as it's my daily

Why does it rust there? Anything I can do to prevent future rust in that area?

·
Super Moderator
6,721 Posts
Look at the plastic liners and shit right in that area, crap just collects there over time. Try to spray out that area regularly.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Cleaned out behind the dog legs a few days ago, bunch of rocks and crud came out so I can def see why it rusts there

Plan on spraying some fluid film on the underside and swapping over to the winter wheel setup this week

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Cleaned the wheel wells and applied tire shine, hit the underbody up with fluid film, swapped on the winter wheels and gave her a much needed wash.

Anyone got some center caps for cheap?

·
Super Moderator
6,721 Posts
Holy crap those are some small tires! 205/50-16?

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Holy crap those are some small tires! 205/50-16?
45 lol

They came with beater Viggen I bought. Practically brand new general g-max as03s so I figured I'd rock em out for the winter

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Got the p0442 code taken care of. The Evap test port cracked right where it meets the hard line. Teed it together with some rubber hose

Also, took apart one of the rk2s to start refinishing them, this is where I'm at now. It's a major pita so might just trade my buddy for some 04-05 5 spokes

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Accumulated some parts over the winter

Powerflex trans mount bushings and rear trailing arms bushings. All 3 engine mounts (Hutchinson), new tensioner, idler pulley and serpentine belt and a new cps

Taking some time off work so should knock everything out in a few weeks

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Nice! Not sure how I missed this thread, but nice 9-5!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
awesome!

I have a bunch of bushings, and valve cover gasket/vacuum pump o-rings to replace on the aero and I keep ignoring them while I work on the ng900.

keep it up!

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Repainted the rk2s using duplicolor hyper silver kit ( turned out decent), replaced all engine mounts and trans mount with powerflex, changed trans oil,cps, tensioner, idler pulley and serpentine belt

Still need to give it a full detail ( clay, compound, polish, seal and wax)

21 - 40 of 206 Posts