Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in 1 of these? I am picking one up NEW for $284 shipped - but I asked how many he had in stock (awaiting reply) and also asked if he'd do a group discount kinda deal (make them even cheaper....)

What a JL 10W6V2 =
400 Watts RMS 10" Sub Dual 4 ohm Voice Coil

Retails For $495

Specification

* Nominal Diameter: 10 inches (250 mm
* Continuous Power Handling: 400 Watts
* Voice Coil: 2.75" diameter, 4-layer, Kapton former
* Available Configurations: Dual 4 ohm only
* Xmax (one-way, linear): 0.60" (15.2 mm)
* Sealed Enclosure Range: 0.50-1.00 cu.ft. (14.0-28.0 liters)
* Ported Enclosure Range: 0.75-1.25 cu.ft. (21.2-35.5 liters)
* VRC™ Technology: YES
* W-Cone™ Technology: YES
* Elevated Frame Technology: YES
* Floating Cone Attach Technology: YES
* NeckVent™ Technology: YES

let me know asap if you are interested - I am ONLY getting 1 for the SPG 8)

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
OH MY GAWD!!!!

dude oh oh ...dude...i want some.....oh man....but i would get two to replace my w6s and then my amps would not be enough power so that meens new amps....aaaahhhh but i bet i know someone that will want some....well i meen buy some...i want some...but cant afford right now...

dam :cry:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
dude, those are w6's why would you want to get those to replace your w6's??

if those were 12's i'd be in, but they aren't, so i'm outta here like a pissed off valet.

~justin

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
saabguy said:

if those were 12's i'd be in, but they aren't, so i'm outta here like a pissed off valet.

~justin
the 12's have the same exact #'s for power - just larger and aren't as tight for hitting - get a 10W7V2 - those cost more - but are 700rms!!! 10's are tight hitters - and take up less room and the fact of it being a dual voice is like have 2 subs in one...

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
saabguy said:

~justin
uh i have the old w6s the 240watt w6 these are the new V2 w6s with around 4hundo watts! so thats why....

and you can get most 10s to sound better than any 12in.....w7s are an exception.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
the 10w6 is actually a 6 ohm dvc speaker, not 4 ohm as origianlly stated. they were originally designed to run three of them together and produce a 4 ohm load to the amp. Running one of these alone provides too much resistance and your amp power will actually drop. If you want a good single speaker I would suggest the W3. Anyway, Just my .02 good luck.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can actually CUT the ohms on any sub in 1/2 in a simple matter of wiring - so if something is claimed as 4 ohms - I can by the theory make it 2ohms. Plus any GOOD amp can filter things out and adjust for this.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
the reason i said i wouldn't get these, is because i already have two 12's, and i'm not looking for two more subs, lol

~justin

·
Registered
28 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
you can actually CUT the ohms on any sub in 1/2 in a simple matter of wiring - so if something is claimed as 4 ohms - I can by the theory make it 2ohms. Plus any GOOD amp can filter things out and adjust for this.
Im sorry, maybe I am confused and things have changed since I was installing car stereos 6 years ago, but last I checked its pretty difficult to get a 6 ohm dvc speaker down 4 ohms or 2 ohms for that matter. And I have personally never seen an amp that can "filter out" inline resistance. Maybe they are out there now. If so please provide me a link to where I can find one. I would love to run my 4 ohm 12 at 2 ohms, or less just for pure power sake.

back to the W6s, three of them can either be wired in 4 ohm or 1 ohm if my figuring is correct.

4 ohm by wiring the two 6 ohm coils in each speaker in series thus producing 12 ohms then wiring all three 12 ohm speakers in parallel equaling 4 ohms viewed by the amp

1 ohm by wiring the two 6 ohm coils in parallel producing 3 ohms then wiring all three 3 ohm speaker in parallel equaling 1 ohm viewed by the amp.

4 ohm is prefereable and almost a neccessity unless you have one hellova amp that can withstand one ohm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts