Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kid around down has a "JDM" H22 in his prelude, and says he can't get beat, he beat a 20th from both a roll and stop. im gonna try it cause my friend raced him in his sentra and only lost by 2-3cars with a bad launch i put about 10+ cars on the sentra. so we'll see.

my question whats the difference between usspec H22 and JDM H22?

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
in my head jdm just means more power since they have lower emissions standards over there...be careful as a jdm prelude could be puttin down 200-210 quite easily ive seen it myself

·
Registered
230 Posts
The head is some of the difference, but honestly it boils down to one thing: GAS. In Japan they have 97-98octane (not RON, but equal to 4-5 octane higher than US gas) With that the timing can be much more agressive and it's easy to see 10% more hp with what is basically the same engine mechanically.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
i know a couple places to get 9-7 octain but its around 5bucks a gallon.... should i buy a tank ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Whether or not you see an improvement will totally depend on your car's ecu. It's not uncommon for tuners to make chips that have 93 and 100 octane maps that you select with a switch. Typically 100 octane is not good for cars with cats, if you try it you may want to mix 50/50 with regular gas. Also they usually have a larger nozzle on the pump, so have to put in a portable gas tank and transfer it over to your car.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
on the contrary 100 octane is perfect for cars with cats... because it is unleaded.. if u go passed 100 u r using leaded fuel.... i can get 116 octane fuel tooo but i would never put leaded fuel in my car

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
just put some octane booster in there with 93 gas. I tried this turbo 108 stuff the other day... HOLY CRAP! :shock: :shock: :shock: probably not gonna use it very often, it is scary when combined with my ECU. noticeable difference. makes me wonder how safe that crap is.

·
Registered
352 Posts
from what i understand, octane booster isn't like putting real 100 or 108, 110 octane in your car
it gives the car an extra oomf but it's not the same

·
Registered
352 Posts
from what i understand, octane booster isn't like putting real 100 or 108, 110 octane in your car
it gives the car an extra oomf but it's not the same

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Oh I know it is not really giving me 108 octane, but I noticed the difference right away. Well, after I gave the car a few miles to adapt, it really took off like mad. :shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts