Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my baby :)

1997 eagle talon ESi, with a 99 eclipse engine (40k miles) 140,xxx on the body

65,xxx miles on the trans

konig hotswap 17x8 wheels

MODIFICATIONS:

Tinted windows

2.5 cat-back

vortech 12:1 FMU (useless without boost)

Taillight blackouts

walbro 255lph hp Fuel pump

generic SRI

Turbo setup: (taken off due to new engine warranty)

cast log style top mount exhaust manifold

cxracing .57trim t3/t4 hibryd turbo

custom 2.5" intercooler piping

type-s blowoff valve

3 layer silicone couplers

ball and spring boost controller

3 pod a pillar guages (boost, Air fuel, oil pressure)

xspower 38mm wastegate

-4an ss oil feed line

-10an ss oil drain line

38mm wastegate open dump tube

Front mount intercooler

Exterior:

2gb eclipse bumper

2gb eclipse headlights

Engine:

I have a full spare engine that I am building for it. it is complete including everything from the rotating assymbly, to the power steering pump, belts and all. it has been torn down, and checked over ready for a rebuild.

Engine internals:

wiseco 8.8:1 CR pistons
wiseco wrist pins
wiseco piston rings
eagle H-beam connecting rods
ARP rod studs
ARP main studs
ARP headstuds
Cometic MLS headgasket
Stock head (flows very well already)

HOPEFULLY a 400whp car when finished....
anyway on to some pics!!

·
User
9,193 Posts
How's the chinese ebay turbo holding up? I'm not trashing you, just curious... I know they're a hit or miss thing.

I just don't really understand why you'd go cheap on a turbo setup with a rather expensive mod list otherwise. Ever consider running a Holset?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Looks rather straight fwd and clean. Some of those DSM guys have no clue what they have or what they are doing and it usually shows. So if I read correctly there is currently NO turbo installed due to some warranty? How's it drive w/out boost? I second the e-bay turbo question otherwise - how's it holding up? Holset should be the next step ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holset will be my next turbo. The *********** turbo was more or less a challenge by friends and people on dsm forums. the china turbo still holds itself fairly well (its going on my sand buggy). And you read correctly, the engine was replaced with one that has a warranty due to a boost hose on the wastegate breaking causing a spike to 22lbs on a stock block (cast everything) and it litterally sheared the crankshaft in half. That is why im not cheaping out on engine internals...lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! a drop is in the works. also, this car was stock N/T so iy doesnt have the engine that was notorious for crank walk. I decided to build this one (whhich WAS my dd) when I wrecked my last 1g AWD.

·
Registered
645 Posts
the 7 bolt is a 4g63, his motor is a 420A, the n/t 2g eclipses came with the 420a(similar to a neon motor) or a 4g64(single cam 2.4 in the vert)

what type of ## did you get on that setup?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts