Saab Link Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,220 Posts
Very nice! The all black look is sick!!

You got a video or sound file of your exhaust? I have the SAAB Sport and I am looking to put a 3" downpipe, I am curious as to how it will sound.

· Registered
1,322 Posts
Very nice! The all black look is sick!!

You got a video or sound file of your exhaust? I have the SAAB Sport and I am looking to put a 3" downpipe, I am curious as to how it will sound.
1999 9-3 with GS 3" V2 downpipe and SAAB Sport 2.5".

/threadjack

Sweet-looking NG you've got there!

· Registered
1,322 Posts
Nice videos...although mine doesn't sound quite like that.
Huh, I wonder why. I have the same setup, and took some videos before of my NG and this 9-3, and they sound very similar, although mine sounds a little meaner.

Although now that I look at your mod list, I see you have the V1 downpipe, that must be it?

· Registered
1,322 Posts
Mine doesn't sound like that either, although I've only ever heard it from the drivers seat...
It actually sounds quite a bit different depending if you are in the driver's seat or outside the car...I figured that out when I took these videos lol

· Registered
203 Posts
this thing is sick. awesome car and i especially love the rims. the rite set of rims absolutely makes the car and the RKs seem to do it the best. i got a 94 2dr 900se turbo that i wanna park and make a project out of and i wanna get to runnin around the same numbers wen im done in the 300 range is great for a little 4 cyl.

· Registered
397 Posts
Could be...I also don't know how much different a 2.3 is vs a 2.0 or forged vs std pistons are. I'll have to get a video next time I drive the car.
The 2.3 does sound much more "throaty" and those log style turbo manifolds always have that nice deep exhaust note. Mike I agree with these folks - your car is SICK! Im hoping we can convince frank to send that turbo diesel bell housing over. We could have it copied and start running 6 spd; Then it's garrett bb turbos for everyone :)

· Registered
13,739 Posts
The 2.3 does sound much more "throaty" and those log style turbo manifolds always have that nice deep exhaust note. Mike I agree with these folks - your car is SICK! Im hoping we can convince frank to send that turbo diesel bell housing over. We could have it copied and start running 6 spd; Then it's garrett bb turbos for everyone :)
Paul did it in his silver slut last year...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.