Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK my dad's girlfriend has a bit of an odd saab......

I have never seen this combination before:

1987 900S
Rear window wiper/washer
**automatic seatbelts**

The rear wiper didn't catch my eye as much as the automatic seatbelts.

Now i know it is a 1987 because the new style bumpers, but handbrake to the front wheels, wheels of a 1984 fit on it. And various parts on the engine are 87. so defently not a VIN # swap or anything like that.

Now my questions: I thought the auto-belts were late 88 and 89 900s and turbo's. So between the rear wiper and these belts is this perhaps a car that was intended for another country or the auto belts were avaible in 1987 just hardly ever used?

Thanks,
ian

·
7,595 Posts
I have only ever seen 1 87 that HAD auto belts before, and that was in the junk yard. it's odd because I was always under the assumption that only late 88 / 89's had them myself, however that might not be the case? maybe they were installed in a few prototype 87's just to see how they would work? never know I guess?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Very late model 1987’s had passive belts…. The cars were actually intended for 1988 but because Saab like to “use up” left overs they threw 2,750 cars together towards the end of 1987…. If you were to check the production date was most likely 11/87 or 12/87….
The rear wiper is an option you could order….
But you never know with Saab…
I’ve been looking for a rear wiper set up for a long time….
Late 1987 & all 1988’s and some 89’s had the rear wiper hole in the glass……but the wiring isn’t there…..
Ever notice early 99's used Sonett tail lights?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts