·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 99' 9-3.
First winter owning it, and this....

Not from the car, but into the car.

You know this pillar (pic below), well on the inside

Well yea, it just started leaking inside on that pillar, about 10 minutes after it started snowing today. And not a really heavy snow either, just pretty much flurries and wetness. And no it has never leaked into the passenger cabin during rainstorms or even during last years snow.

So could it be a drain plugged up or something? Or something I can clean?
If it's something I can't resolve or figure it out I'll take it into my mechanic before baddddd weather.

·
Registered
709 Posts
if it just started check the seal around the door frame on the car. i have a roof rack on my NG900 and maybe once every three times it rains i get some drips in from the same spot. when it becomes cold in winter, it's like the rubber seal stiffens up and becomes less 'watertight' if that makes any sense, and the water in the cabin is more frequent. i would either loosen the yakima clips and reset the rack or kneed the seal like dough around the leak area and it would kind of reset itself and be leak free for a few more rain storms. sort of hard to explain, but just check it out and look for loose spots, cracks, or rot along the seal.

as for the sunroof, blast the drain holes with air. it never hurts. my sunroof leaks regardless, and last winter i had a three inch icicle on the inside of my car. i also get leaks onto the back seats from my rear side windows, which is now causing my headliner to separate and sag :roll:.
now that my major mechanical bugs are sorted out i'll be finding a solution to my car's leaks too. keep us posted with what you find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts