You put NIRA on a slushbox 2.0 N/A C900 saab?Alright, after much prodding, contentious innuendo, haranguing and outright animosity (along with a bit of contemplation), it has been decided that a competition needs to take place in order to resolve a dispute, i.e., in lay terms, separate the "posers" from the real deal.
The basis of the competition revolves around two(2) matters in contention, the first being whether or not a 2.3 can be put into/made out of a C900, and the second being whether or not I have actually accomplished this feat/currently have such a machine in my possession.
The following is the background commentary that spurred this competition and my response thereto, in otherwords, the challenge and my reply:
Well, let's review...Since you question not only the ability to convert a N/A autoboxed C900 from stock to a 2.3, but also the fact of whether or not I have managed to accomplish this, I say we keep it all in the proper context as that is what is in dispute, what is the root of the contention.
What I'll "run" is the 2.3 converted '87 C900 and you are to locate one of your own to do the 2.3 conversion on then, once you've accomplished this feat, we'll arrange to meet somewhere for a race or two, afterall, you wouldn't want me to show up with a Veyron, Reventon, Enzo or, relatively speaking, a Trevita CCXR (at least it's actually Swedish), either of which would readily spank (HARD!) each and everything you've listed, "wheel standing" or not.
So let's be realistic because it would be unethical, not to mention a blatant display of bad sportsmanship and shallowness of character, to bring a gun to a knife fight.
The rules of this little contest are as follows:
1. The base vehicle must be a '85-'90 model C900
2. It must be N/A
3. The end result must be a 2.3 converted C900 (since it is the opinion of a certain competitor that it is nigh on impossible)
4. It must use the Saab autobox (since this is also considered an impossibility)
5. A NIRA i3+ Engine Management Unit is permissible (since I've one on mine because Jak closed shop due to people screwing him over and I couldn't manage to get the stock one to do what I wanted/needed it to do)
6. It must be a street legal daily driver (as is mine)
7. Other than that you build it your way, as I have built mine my way, but the end result must be conceived, fabricated and implemented by the owner (that means you, Harvey, since an individuals' mechanical aptitude/ability has been called into question), and we'll see (eventually) just whom has their shit together/knows what in the hell they're talking about/can back up their (so-called) online BS smack talking, that is, who is real, or just a poser.
***Oh yeah, since this little competition could potentially appeal to a number of people within the Saab community, anyone and everyone is invited to participate (pass it on). So come on, let's see what you've got/separate the men from the boys/the women from the girls***
*The rules may/will be edited as need be the case/as the situation develops, but that's pretty much it right there so, in closing, the long and short of it is...If you want some, come get some!
What the fuck for?