Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
361 Posts
Is it just me or does it look like Nick is running his car open downpipe. ;)

It looks like the exhaust just sorta ... stops ... at the bottom of the picture. My kinda setup. :twisted:

Adrian~

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Nah, its a full exhuast. I think the exhaust clamps makes it appear that way though.

Trexturk has a bypass outlet however that he's used during dynos. He posted about it on another thread.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
genuinesaab said:
These are pictures of a prototype and the mounting of the production parts will require no new hole drilling only enlarge slightly the rear 2.
The mounting is really cool. Easy and secure. True driveway & ramps install possible. Cannot show all. You never know who might copy it. :wink:

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an order going into Nick tomorow, I will order the brace in 8 days.

Anybody wishing to "feel" it at Saabtoberfest is welcome. 8)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
Anybody wishing to "feel" it at Saabtoberfest is welcome. 8)
having never driven your car - or one like it - I wish to sign up on this test drive list 8) I'll even let you take the 9000 for a whirl (cause I doubt the 89 SPG will be ready by then :()

·
7,595 Posts
hehe, you'll have to let me too. anyone who wants to drive my C-900 can, just don't crash it. :lol:

the only thing I would worry about with that sub frame brace, is it will be the low point of the car. it (and the bolts holding it on) might not last too long with someone like me driving it... in-fact, I would give it a couple of weeks before it was in a pile on the road behind my car :!:

personally I would have gone a different direction with lower sub frame bracing. I would have used a solid sheet of metal with the same bolt on points. this would also have the added advantage of working as a skid plate as well is firming up the sub frame. down side would be that you would probably have to remove the whole thing each time you needed an oil change unless you made an access hatch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts