Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
For some reason, this week is warmer here. It was around 60 yesterday, and humid. I did windows on the way home, it was great.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Sunday afternoon to Monday morning we had a 50 degree swing in temps (40 to -10) and if you count windchill it was 70 degree swing, -30 windchill.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Sunday afternoon to Monday morning we had a 50 degree swing in temps (40 to -10) and if you count windchill it was 70 degree swing, -30 windchill.
We got the exact system that you had. Minus the blizzard conditions.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Yeah, its cold out. That huge temp swing caused a pretty major issue on the BMW yesterday morning. I learned that BMWs have a more fucked up PVC system than the T7 saabs. At least when the PCV shits the bed on a Saab it doesn't either...

A) Pressurize the crankcase so bad that it blows oil 4 feet out of the dipstick with the car OFF

or

B) Force oil into the intake to the point where it can hydrolock a the motor

My car did option 'A' and it was not a fun day for me. Only $170 in parts, but it fucked up my day, and will fuck up some evening when I have to install the parts in an oil soaked engine bay.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Same sub zero temps here :( Today we're under a winter eather advisory to. Could get as much as 4 inches of fluffy snow with 30mph winds. Should be fun

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
My car did option 'A' and it was not a fun day for me. Only $170 in parts, but it fucked up my day, and will fuck up some evening when I have to install the parts in an oil soaked engine bay.
You have the time to do all that?

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
You have the time to do all that?
Eh, not really. I took the day off yesterday because I wanted to be there when the car was being towed, and I went and collected the parts from one of the independent German car shops.

I'm driving the Aero now, had to throw snow tires on it. I'll try to get to it this weekend. I have to replace a CV joint on the BMW too. We have other cars to drive so I'm not too concerned.

Oh. Wow. You witnessed this "BMW Meets Beverly Hillbillies" in person, did you?
Yeah, it sprayed me in the face and the left side of my body.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
We got down to -19º on Sunday night in Denver. It broke a 107 year record low for the day by 5º. It was not fun at all yesterday morning.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
yesterday it was a solid 60 here; but with my luck I came down with the flu yesterday morning lol

·
Registered
551 Posts
65 degrees and overcast, Prefect weather for a doobie and a nice bike ride home.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
we got the same system.

At 5am it was -7 or something.

Oh yeah, I work outside.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts