Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long hiatus and a lot of personal reflection I feel its time to bring the AIRFLOW MEMORIAL BLOG back. I have been skimping on my duties as blogger due to the fact I was not quite ready to dive into the memories that surround the car that we both love so much.

The reason why I have started this up again thanks to a member on TSL that made me aware that my story was printed in NINES. Today while snowed in I got to thinking. I guess this whole memorial project has come full circle. My dad would be proud to know that it was printed in NINES. He would be glad to know the Saab community that he served for so many years as a parts recycler has come together to remember him by helping me with the project.

My story can be seen in NINES issue #290 (I still have yet to see it)

My story can be seen online at: http://www.airflowmemorial.com

The direct link to the blog is: http://airflowmemorialtodad.blogspot.com

Thank you for reading and have a nice day

Drew

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Still can't wait to see it finished.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Im right there with you buddy. When I was sixteen years old my Dad, a VW mechanic was finishing up a restored 69 VW Bug we had been working on all summer. He was working long days to finish before I got back from a trip to Europe. Working late into the night he made a mistake of some sort and the car fell him crushing him and killing him instantly, needless to say I felt somewhat responsible for his death for many years. But my love for cars has never died and I restored his 1969 Karmann Ghia a couple years after he died in his memory.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Im right there with you buddy. When I was sixteen years old my Dad, a VW mechanic was finishing up a restored 69 VW Bug we had been working on all summer. He was working long days to finish before I got back from a trip to Europe. Working late into the night he made a mistake of some sort and the car fell him crushing him and killing him instantly, needless to say I felt somewhat responsible for his death for many years. But my love for cars has never died and I restored his 1969 Karmann Ghia a couple years after he died in his memory.
Whoa. Sorry to hear that. Tragic stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts