Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a 2000 9-3 SE convertible with 54,000 miles on it. Beautiful car.

It developed an issue after bringing it back from South Carolina.

The ACC lights up, but the display is weird. It shows the fan speed diagram on the screen, but doesn't do anything else. The blower motor does NOT work. This means no heat, which is important in Indiana right now.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Press auto and off at the same time (I believe) to run the self diagnostic.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got a new ACC. Code is 0.

Fuse is okay. Resistor?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Mine did that the other day when it was like -2 F out. After about 5 mins it returned to normal. Hasn't done it since.

I say disconnect the battery for like 15 minutes.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I think spgproject's 2002 9-3 five-door did this recently when we had swapped 9-3s so he could discover just how rusty my one a-pillar was. :(

It was weird for a cold start or two after the issue, but then pretty much reset itself.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I know they still can't get the blower to work.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Do they have any speeds on the blower? The type of failure involved can pretty much point you in the direction of what failed. In this case, though, it does sound like one of these two items failed.

eEuroparts - Fan Speed Controller Connector - # 4366951

or

eEuroparts - ACC Fan Speed Controller - # 5045158

That said, there is a fun, third failure that's coming this way for this era of OG9-3. I went through it about 18 months ago. Nothing happened on the display, but the blower just stopped blowing. Only a trickle of cool air or heat would dribble from the vents and that was that.

The blower motor tested good, but the actual connector from the wiring harness to the blower motor had rusted. It's in the space beneath the windshield cowling and beneath the cabin air filter. This is probably going to be a fairly common problem from what DeLorean saw. He had to go through several cars in various junkyards before he could find a non-rusty connector in the junkyards. PaulH did the repair about a year ago and its been holding steady ever since.

Still...whole bunch of not fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.