·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any tips or pics on your install set [email protected]!? god that would help me greatly. Ive been going threw TSL and saab central looking at everyones installs.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
You could go thicker but that one's probably fine. I don't think you would notice the difference between that and a thicker one. Installing it is pretty easy, in theory - remove the old, replace the new. You'll need a bunch of silicone connections or cheaper rubber ones if you want. When I first did mine, I just bought a cheap kit on ebay for $50 and it came with a bunch of shit rubber ones that worked just fine til I changed my turbo. Then those all exploded.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The reason for not going with a thicker IC is rumour that most colling is done in the first inch and also i wanna KEEP MY FOGS!

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
mine was a very very tight fit but was kept the front fogs
im meeting up next week with this guy with a bigger fmic that i want (cuz i dont car bout fogs anymore)
ill let you know what happens that way you can strike a lil better deal on my fmic

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sounds awsome. I care about my fogs because i spent 40$ on 3000k hids for them and yellow tinting them. Chris did your piping go through the stock locations or did you re-route it and also any idea what sort of pieces you used or any good piping kit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just installed one nearly identical (28x7x2.5). It's a bit of a nasty job on the NG, the hot side is the hardest part. I used a couple 2.5" -> 2.0" 90deg silicone reducers coming off the ends and needed to order an extra 90 deg for the hot side also reusing the stock hoses. I cut a corner out of the fan shroud to free up more room on the hot side, I also bought some 2" aluminum tubing for hose junctions.

Here's some photos which may help, I took more shots of all the angles if you need anything else.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awsome pics this helps alot, can you tell me / show me what you ordered for piping and silicone and can you show me how you did the cold side?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Awsome pics this helps alot, can you tell me / show me what you ordered for piping and silicone and can you show me how you did the cold side?
I ordered two 90deg reducers 2.5"-2.0"diam. from siliconeintakes.com and also bought another 2" 90deg hose locally.

The cold side only required the 90deg. reducer off the end tank connected to some aluminum tubing (about 6" long) which then connects to the stock hose.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jezus okay new question, like 4 silicone bends cost as much as the damn intercooler

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
anyone have any tips for where to get cheaper? im pretty ebay savvy anything i should look for? i remember someone saying look at diesel truck hoses?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts