Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was driving on the highway with cruise-control set to 70 - all of a sudden the speedometer starts to bounce up and down - 70-65-72-68-65 etc - then it eventually evened back out. At no time did the actual speed change, just the speedo indication.

THEN, last night, I went out around 2AM and hear loud music from the direction of my garage. Upon close investigation, I found that my stereo was on full-blast, playing a CD , Ignition was OFF - Key was in my pocket - hit the stereo power button and the music died -then for grins I turned on accessories, stereo played, turned off ignition again, stereo turned off as it is supposed to.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyone out there have any ideas?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Damn...I've never heard of this happening before. :?

Do you live near any burial grounds, or have had recent UFO sitings around where you live?

·
Administrator
668 Posts
ever done drugs? say... acid? were you maybe on acid at the time?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope to all - No old Indian burial ground, no acid, no UFO's.

Believe it or not, this is not a put-on, and it kinda freaked me out, to tell the truth.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
my car randomly started honking the horn while i was sitting in it today, i was pissed too, cause im one of the few kids that drive to my school, and here i am with my horn blaring really fucking loud and i cant get it to fucking stop

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
not to run on about the creepiness, but my sunroof was open when i got home from school today (cause i gotta take the damn bus now), and i know it was closed, cause i always check my car before i leave in the morning, and the doors were locked, sunroof shut, keys in my backpack, no spares in the house, i get home, and it's wide open, and the doors were still locked, i was a little freaked, cause my parents were gone all day too, but nothing was out of place, everything was the same... i was a little freaked too

~justin

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sounds like an igniton switch problem. Very common in these vehicles. The speed sensor could be at fault for your speedo problem but I would bet money that the ignition switch is to blame for that problem too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
danburysaab - what kind of ignition switch problem do you suspect? Is it something that a removal and cleaning can take care of, or does it have to be replaced?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'd agree about the speed sensor for your speedo problem.

Yes, it's possible about the ignition switch, but try this first. It's free.

The ECU controls timing functions. So, for example, if you leave your radio on with the ignition off, the ECU will turn the radio off after an hour. Being a computer-based item, they sometimes do hang. Disconnecting the battery for an hour or so then reconnecting may reset the ECU. Kind of like rolling the windows shut, then rolling them back down again.
Make sure you have your radio codes handy before doing this or you will have NO music.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts