·
Registered
1,140 Posts
yes, that car is very nice. and saabchic, where'd you get those pictures? lol

~justin

·
Registered
298 Posts
some of those are mine that I have and some of them are courtesy of saabguy :wink:

·
User
9,193 Posts
DeLorean said:
well I guess if you are into cars that ride like a Lincoln Continental, that would be the car for you :wink:

come on, I kid... air ride is just not my thing because it does nothing for performance except increase weight and mess up the handling dynamics of a car that was not designed for it from the factory. I mean sure it has "bling factor" but I am just not into that. I like going fast and not attracting a lot of attention.
You stole the thoughts right from my head......

Air suspension = Only good is, Nice looks, good for getting pussy....

And Brian, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you IM me one day saying your car slammed to the ground one day while driving cuz a bag blew?

It's good for showing off, but not a good mod for everyday driving if you ask me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've got a nissan pickup that has a full air ride setup, four linked rear. Can lay my entire frame on the ground. Have my AC compressor filling my tank. From this process all I can say is have a vehicle that you don't mind cutting and welding on and got a few thousand lying around to do it. I love driving that truck around, but its nice to drive my Viggen or my 300z on a regular commuting basis.

One other item, Its not very cool when you have a bag blow out on you on the highway!!

But nothings sexier to me than a slammed out vehicle.

Beautiful SPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Simply, YES

With enough money, you can put anything, in anything(I'm still toying with the idea of a 383 stroker in an '85accord, try to picture that). As for a viable market in which a company could R&D, manufacture, and market an air ride setup like that, as with most things saab, good luck finding it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Putting air ride in a Saab is just as easy as putting it in anything else actually.

The rear suspension on a 93 would be really easy, just replace the springs with bags.

The front would be easy as well, just bolt in air cylinders (cheap), or air struts.
Check these out: http://www.airride.com/productinfo/airstrut.asp

Plumbing air systems is really easy, and If you can hook up a stereo you could figure out how to wire it easily.

Definelty a great idea, Saabs look incredible slammed on the ground!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts