Saab Link banner

41 - 60 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Finally getting the urge to work on the vert again.

Since it's August, I should mention that it's officially been 10 YEARS since I've purchased this car. Crazy! I have a few photos from that era that I need to scan and post up here.

Finally picked out a new wheel/tire setup. Just slowly collecting the funds necessary as I'm trying not to spend very much "new money" on the project right now. That means selling off some of the parts I've hoarded over the years, as I'm sure you've seen some of my more recent threads. "New money" still has to go to the M3 for now.

Moving up from 18x7.5 to 18x8 (oh noes, unpossible!). The offsets are good but I will be rolling the fenders and getting a mild stretch /stanceworks. :th_thumbsdownsmiley Going back to adjustable suspension as well.

I've also decided on a color for the repaint, it's NOT a Saab color. Should be fun ;)

As far as performance, I just want to keep it on the road and reliable. 400bhp is unusable in this car and I almost never drive it at full thrust. I keep it around 17psi for the street which is around 275whp. That means no new turboz and such for those about to ask.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey joe, if you have your boost gauge mounted in the headlight switch hole, where did you relocate the headlight switch? I kinda like that idea!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
A lot of people just stuff it inside the dash. You can relocate lower on the dash behind the wheel, or down to the foam underdash/kickpanel area.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh! Fender rolling! I want to learn more about this. I am interested in this too.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Except they aren’t shaped like that so it isn’t going to work :th_thumbsdownsmiley

41 - 60 of 473 Posts