Saab Link banner

21 - 40 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I think you should go with the spec stage 3, then get a lightened flywheel. Promptly after, let me know how drivability is that way i know whether or not to buy a flywheel for my car ;)

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Come on out, you're welcome anytime. I'll be in socal this summer, maybe you can show me your Z.
Anytime you come down, please let me know and we will definitely meet up. Conversely, I might be interning up in Olympia later in the summer but I will keep you posted on that.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Future/wish list:

-New turbo? GT30 or 35R?
-Scanwest cryo-treated & shot-peened transmission in chillcast case
I think you should get a CAD diagram for a new CNC gearbox casing.

And while your at it, have it made for a new strong gear set :wink:

I just snapped my primary chains with my GT30 :mad: busted through the casing as well.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I think you should get a CAD diagram for a new CNC gearbox casing.

And while your at it, have it made for a new strong gear set :wink:

I just snapped my primary chains with my GT30 :mad: busted through the casing as well.

Wow, that right there is impressive. Be proud of that one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there,
Just curious, amongst all the other things on the hottest vert on web, a question about your decor panel. This car intrigues me, no end! So many questions and so few avail web pages!
Was it a specific convertible decor panel or did you mod a decor panel from the hardtop 900? Way back into the pics on the "other" site i cannot ever remember you saying that modded the panel? If not modded does that mean you have the one of two ever to come out of that italian factory? The other must have been used in the catalogue...
:)
TIA

·
Registered
914 Posts
Any future plans for suspension? I know in the past you have expressed want to go lower, but do you think anything is gonna come out of this or are you happy with where it sits now?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Hi there,
Just curious, amongst all the other things on the hottest vert on web, a question about your decor panel. This car intrigues me, no end! So many questions and so few avail web pages!
Was it a specific convertible decor panel or did you mod a decor panel from the hardtop 900? Way back into the pics on the "other" site i cannot ever remember you saying that modded the panel? If not modded does that mean you have the one of two ever to come out of that italian factory? The other must have been used in the catalogue...
:)
TIA
Thanks for the kind words. As for the decor panel, yes it is original, it is not modified. And it's one of the only one I've ever seen, picture or in person.

Any future plans for suspension? I know in the past you have expressed want to go lower, but do you think anything is gonna come out of this or are you happy with where it sits now?
I am definitely not happy with where it sits now. Needs to be lower all around, and adjustable.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
You could put coil overs on it....:cool:
Well, no one sells a coilover setup so that's all custom. One idea is to forget about the spring perches altogether and just run a short coilover off the shock mount, but I am not convinced that there is enough bracing around the shock mounts to handle the added stress. It was never meant to hold up the entire car from those mounting points.

SOAB, I saw your thread on s/w. Let me know how things go.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah man deff! If things DO work out Ill deff bring it to these forums, but I don't wanna say much till I have proven that it works and that things will hold up, but the strength of that area is my biggest fear at this point.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Well, no one sells a coilover setup so that's all custom. One idea is to forget about the spring perches altogether and just run a short coilover off the shock mount, but I am not convinced that there is enough bracing around the shock mounts to handle the added stress. It was never meant to hold up the entire car from those mounting points..
it would require quite a bit of fab just talk to Luke at Saabrally.com he's got front and rear coilovers

heres the link.
http://saabrally.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=355&start=165

21 - 40 of 473 Posts