Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have my iPod hooked up to the car through a cassette adapter, but the quality isn't that great... I was looking at direct AUX in connections for the iPod... but when I looked in my manual for the car I didnt' see anything about AUX plugs available.

I have a 99 Saab 9-5... are the AUX plugs there?

Is this possible using the stereo that came stock with the car... I believe it's the premium package... whatever is right in the middle.

Thanks =)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Take pictures of the ipod and connectors etc and maybe I could tell you. I don't have an ipod so I have no idea what they look like.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke with my dealer and they don't have AUX ports but if I get the right adapters I can hook it up as if it were a cd-changer... so i'll do that.

·
Registered
610 Posts
WhiteSummer said:
I spoke with my dealer and they don't have AUX ports but if I get the right adapters I can hook it up as if it were a cd-changer... so i'll do that.
If you find the right adapters, the gratitude of the Saab community would be so high that they will surely buy you a free iPod. As far as I know, the cd-changer is linked through a bus of its own that uses a proprietary protocol, and there is no other hardware out there that use it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
bollman said:
To do it you actually need the CD-changer. But if you get one, you can "insert" the iPod signla instead of the CD-changer. So, when the CD-changer is playing, the sound actually comed from the iPod. Requires a bit of soldering but not too hard.
Is there a detailed description available anywhere?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts