Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vents by the winshield work fine and very hot, but the dash vents arent really producing very hot heat for some reason... Coolant level is fine, interior cabin sensor works as it should im assuming, fairly new thermostat....
Ive read it can be the ACC stepper motor thats behind the ACC unit could be bad or on its way out?

Winters comin and i need heat!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
There are two servos, one controls the air blowing out the floor vs. dash vs. defrost.

The other controls the mix temperature, the mix temp servo (I think) is on the passenger side of the center heater box - you have to remove the glove box, some of the center console trim and pull the carpet back. The motor moves the flaps inside the heater box with a pair of levers - you may just have a broken lever. It's a little black housing about 2.5" around.

You could temporarily wire the flaps in the position that gives you heat for the winter, or snap a photo of the broken pieces and I can send you the part numbers to get the pieces.

Something also may have just come un-hooked, the ACC in the 9-3's rarely if ever goes bad, esp. compared to how finicky the 9-5 system is.

Drew

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill look into those and see if a lever broke off or something along those lines.... Once the car is fully warmed up should there be some heat comin out the vents? When my heat was working i would feel hot air thru the vents even without the heat turned on.
There are two servos, one controls the air blowing out the floor vs. dash vs. defrost.

The other controls the mix temperature, the mix temp servo (I think) is on the passenger side of the center heater box - you have to remove the glove box, some of the center console trim and pull the carpet back. The motor moves the flaps inside the heater box with a pair of levers - you may just have a broken lever. It's a little black housing about 2.5" around.

You could temporarily wire the flaps in the position that gives you heat for the winter, or snap a photo of the broken pieces and I can send you the part numbers to get the pieces.

Something also may have just come un-hooked, the ACC in the 9-3's rarely if ever goes bad, esp. compared to how finicky the 9-5 system is.

Drew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts