Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, for the past couple weeks, heat index 100 +, when I start my 2001 se convertible with 104,000 miles, the Abs Tcs Brake and Central ! Lights come on...Auto zone Scanner didnt pick up any Codes, Fluids are fine, have to yet check my Brake pads, braking seems ok tho, when I restart immediately the warning lights go off and stay off ... if I dont... they stay on.. Sometimes I wont see the Lights come on for a couple days...:confused: Help <3 ~ Thanks

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Wow...ABS day here. Generic scan tools usually won't read ABS codes. Sounds like you've got a wheel speed sensor that's on it's way out. Dealer or an "indy" with a Tech2 scan tool should be able to diagnose which 1 of the 4 sensors is giving you problems

·
Registered
6 Posts
could also be the abs module. Had mine go out :( Dont buy a junk yard unless the part number is the same.. i learned that the hard way and paying dearly for it now :(

Search BBA Reman. It cost me 125 to get mine repair and 15 dollars for ground ups ship back.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Does your speedometer blip to zero (drop completely) when the lights come on? It's usually the ABS module failing when the speedo drops, double check you're not a little low on brake fluid though, when the pads wear and the fluid level drops sometimes a bump or a turn can slosh the fluid away from the sensor long enough to get the lights to light up. Just had this issue with a Viggen last week.

Best,
Drew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts