Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Every time i turn my car on, i have to recalibrate my acc and the radio asks for a code and all the stations on the radio are all reset to stock settings

but my clock and equalizer settings are kept, i dont know enough about saabs yet to even know were to begin with these issues. its not a big deal just annoying to have to redo everything every time i start my car haha

So to ask an actual question, does anybody have a suggestion of were to start?. i forgot to mention that my acc diagnostics says no faults.

i tryed search feature but it came up with nothing, unless i was just looking for the wrong thing

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update.. the acc unit works good now. it just worked itself out. so now the only thing is the radio, which isnt a bother at the moment.

there is another issue that has been getting worse, the exterior door handles dont like to work all the time. it wasnt a concern of mine because they seemed to work decent enough. but yesterday it took about 30-40 pulls on my drivers door before it finally opened.

it looks like i forgot to mention that my car is a 93 cse.

does anybody have any ideas as to why either the doors are malfunctioning or is there a write-up on changing out the head unit, as i have a jvc head unit that i think i want to install

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Sounds like the system voltage might be dropping too low when you crank the engine over.

Key the ignition on and set the display on the instrument cluster to show you battery volts, then start the engine. For about the first 10 seconds after start the voltmeter shows what the lowest voltage was during cranking, if it is less than like 9.5 volts the memory in the radio will be re-set.

Short of buying another battery, try starting the engine off a set of jumper cables and see if that makes it stop resetting, then you know it was the battery.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I don't know which radio you have in yours. I had an HK in mine and put in and spent the money for a harness. Completely not worth it. The harness only worked for a couple wires and was a waste of $. I used a multimeter to test constant power, acc, and remote. Black should be ground with speakers being the rest.

Keep in mind, the HK in mine used an amp under the seat which means the speaker outs from the stock unit are pre-amped so when you hook up an aftermarket it will be way too much power and only be able to turn up a couple notches before it gets way to loud and blows the speakers.

A couple of mine were dry-rotted so I ended up replacing all my speakers with Polk Audio and ran new speaker wire to each speaker. It's really not hard to do and sounds oh so much better.
I can't really help you with the car door though, sounds like you might have to open up the door panel though or maybe spray the hell out the latch with lubricant...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thank you for the reply i will have to look through my owners manual to see how to work that thing lol.. the only things i figured out were the clock and speed alarm

i have the clarion, ive put head units in cars before, but i always can use tips from experienced people

thank you for responding

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im not sure if im talking about the right display, the one im talking about is next to the vents.. the one that has the clock. it looks like there is supposed to be something under my speedo but it never lights up, and i can see in the sunlight that there is a gear indicator. but like i said mine never lights up.

is the instrument cluster easy to take out? im thinking i might just have a bad bulb, and can just replace them. I know that my check engine light is out for sure, it never comes on, even when i start the car and all the bulbs come on to make sure they work.

in my pathfinder the cluster comes out with like 10 screws and they are all easy to get at. let me know if you guys have done this before. and any tips would be appreciated

thank you in advance

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey I just read on Wikipedia that my car doesn't have a SID. It says that 9000s didn't get them till 94. Is this true? If so I think I'll hold off on taking my dash apart and replace bulbs, until it gets a little warmer out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, never mind everything said before. I took the dash top off and checked the bulbs in my EDU and they were all burned out, so I guess thats why I didn't know it was there lol. Thanks for everything guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.