Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are the pressure release flaps located? The doors on my new saab are difficult to close unless a window is down a little to let the air pressure out otherwise the door only catches the first latch and not close all the way and you can see the roof jump up from the increase in pressure. IIRC they were in the trunk somewhere but I cant find them......

1994 Saab NG900SE Turbo Coupe

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think its your sunroof, not 100% sure though
No sunroof, the sheet metal of the roof actually bounces up when the door is closed with windows shut. First I thought it was the doors sagging but when we had the windows open it shut perfectly. We then tested with them down an 1/8th inch and it worked perfectly too, when the heater is on its harder to get the door to shut without slamming it.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
IIRC, they are on the rear quarter panels, covered by the bumper extensions. I don't have an NG anymore though, so this is a shot in the dark. I don't think the sunroof drains release any interior pressure. To me, that would only happen if the sunroof drained into the cabin which, fortunately, it does not.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
IIRC, they are on the rear quarter panels, covered by the bumper extensions. I don't have an NG anymore though, so this is a shot in the dark. I don't think the sunroof drains release any interior pressure. To me, that would only happen if the sunroof drained into the cabin which, fortunately, it does not.
^ This is correct. If you remove the entry trunk trim and the plastic nuts by the tail lights, you can peel back the hatch side panels and see the flaps.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ This is correct. If you remove the entry trunk trim and the plastic nuts by the tail lights, you can peel back the hatch side panels and see the flaps.
Ah ok, I didnt tear into it far enough then :p this car is so much nicer than the other broken one I didnt want to tarnish it bu tearing into it too far LOL. I will have to look tomorrow since it is dark outside now, sun just went down behind the mountains and it cools down fast then :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is the climate control system set on recycle when you close the doors and if it is and you have it on normal airflow, does the door closing do the same? Is there any problems with your airflow in the climate control and the recycle mode? just a thought.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the climate control system set on recycle when you close the doors and if it is and you have it on normal airflow, does the door closing do the same? Is there any problems with your airflow in the climate control and the recycle mode? just a thought.
It all seems to work ok, it does blow more with a window cracked or in recirc mode. I would never complain about the amount of air in normal mode though for it seems adequate just more air if a window is cracked. I have to drive to Munich and back today, when I get back I will have time to unstick the vents in the trunk and hope that works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.