Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, or gives a damn, but two recent brand decisions made by two of the Big Three have sparked my interest.

Chrysler has rebranded its truck line at RAM, moving away from the Dodge nameplate. So far, this really applies to the full-size pickups and commercial trucks, but appears to include the mid-sized Dakota pickup line. However, it doesn't appear to include the Durango SUV, at least as it stands now. Visit ramtrucks.com to see (and look along the bottom at the brand logos).

The other change is a bit more subtle but no less interesting. Here in the Philadelphia media market (and I assume elsewhere), Ford has referred to its "Quality Plus Ford Dealers" in radio/TV spots for years. Recently, they've changed this to "Quality Plus Ford Stores." Could this point to a possible change in how Ford plans to sell vehicles, perhaps adopting the "no haggle" approach found at Saturn stores? Not necessarily a great example, eeh?

Like I said, I found these two things interesting. How about you?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I thought the idea was to make LESS divisions within a company - shit, they'd be better off brining Plymouth back.... what's wrong with owning a "Dodge" truck - who wants to own a RAM - lol First you must dodge before one rams..... heh stupid.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Saab made an interesting move today to partner up with American Axle to manufacture electric AWD systems.

e-AAM will develop and market an innovative electric all-wheel drive system in a full service package. This electric all-wheel drive system can be easily integrated into existing platforms, minimizing vehicle architecture changes. Saab will become a client of e-AAM Driveline Systems, purchasing components to be used in next-generation Saab vehicles from 2012. The new company will also market its expertise and advanced products to other car manufacturers on a global basis.
Hopefully they can make a bunch of money selling their tech to other automakers, helping to fund the next 9-3, 9-2, and Sonett.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts