Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am polling the groups for Interest in a Saab meet and run in the Central NY area. Essentually the Sub-urbs of Syracuse

This weekend I can figure out distance of a route. It wouln't be sharp twisties like our PA bretheren, But more hills, and broad sweeping turns.

We are 3-4 hours From Philly and the Boston area. Centrally located Between RT 81 North-South, and Rt 90 (NYS Thruway) West-East.

I will post up some Scenery pics, and driving info This weekend.

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:21 am Post subject: Interest in Central NY Saab Meet, and Run Sat, May 8.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am polling the groups for Interest in a Saab meet and run in the Central NY area. Essentually the Sub-urbs of Syracuse

This weekend I can figure out distance of a route. It wouln't be sharp twisties like our PA bretheren, But more hills, and broad sweeping turns.

We are 3-4 hours From Philly and the Boston area. Centrally located Between RT 81 North-South, and Rt 90 (NYS Thruway) West-East.

I will post up some Scenery pics, and driving info This weekend.

Directions:

From the North. Take Rt 81 South, or highways closer to you, and intersect with the Thruway. Then procede East or West, twards Syracuse. See Directions (A) If from East of Syr. or (B) if West of Syr.

From the South. Take Rt 81 North, Take exit 15 (will double check) to LaFayette. Procede east on RT20 to Cazenovia. Pass lake on left, and make a left at the solid Red/Greenlight. This places you on Forman St. You will then soon come up to a blinking light, Stop at the light, then procede straight. This is the same St but now known as East Lake Rd. I should have a Sign up, But you will then see the High School on your right, park in the main parking lot.

East. or (A) Take whatever will get you to the NYS Thruway. Rt 90. procede west on the thruway to exit 34 Canastota. Take a left after the toll boths, this is RT13, procede thru the village of Canastota, You should be on local Peterborough St. Come to large intersection of Rt 5, make a right. Procede Rt 5 west into village of Chittenango. come to stoplight, and take a left onto Main road. You should pass a Burgerking and PizzaHut. At Sun Cheverolet, ease into left lane, and come to stop at light. procede up a hill RT 173 for a soon to be determined distance, and make a left onto East Lake Road. Contine on East Lake road till you reach the Village of Cazenovia, you will then see the Highschool, on the left. Look for the signs I will post up.

West or (B) Procede on NYS Thruway heading east thru most of Syracuse. take final Syracuse exit 34A. After leaving toll boths, be in the left hand lane, and procede south on Rt 481. Come to exit #(add later) wich should say Cazenovia /Manlius. Continue around offramp onto main blvd. Remain in further rightmost lane. A large Wegmans Grocery store should be on your left. At Y intersection, the rightmost lane I said to stay in should take you to the right. Don't Turn right, just ease right. You should pass a golf course, its on both sides, so watch out for carts crossing the highway. You should be on RT 92. You will shortly arrive in the Village of manlius. Remain in righthand lane, and procede thru village. at the T intersection, make a left hand turn, The BurgerKing should remain on your left hand side. You will come to another Y intersection, Continue right. This will bring you 10 or so miles into Cazenovia. make a left at the blinking light. Watch up the hill to your right, as Saabs from PA should be coming down it. You are now on Rt 20 this will wind around the shore of the lake, and bring you to the Stoplight. Make a left. Continue straight on Forman St. Stop at Blinking light. Procede straight, this is the same road, but now known as East lake road. Highschool should be on the right. Look for signs.

*Directions A and B are interchangeable if you miss the exit.
But its 20 miniutes or so inbetween.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
haha, i almost posted a response to something exactly like this on sc, but then i realized that you are on tsl, so i figured i'd tell you i'm interested on this forum instead of the other one, lol

how long would the drive be, distance covered, weekend or just a day thing, end at movies... we need details pal

~justin

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If we READ the posts...I'll have info up this weekend. I was thinking of driving about 2 blocks up to pic up my laundry with everyone, then having every one help fold it :wink:

Ok, some of the guys didnt like the idea of the 22, so the 8th is in the air now...I thought that would be to close to mothers day, so we will see what happens.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i think it would be cool, but i would like to have a sub-meet in PA for the drive......I think the drive could be fun with even 5 or 6 cars.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
lol, ws, you could have a mini meet in pa and drive up to syracuse, and there could also be a mini meet in vermont for the new englanders, and then we could all arive at syracuse together, so it'd be everyone showing up in like two groups, lol

the 8th weekend huh, sounds better, family friends son has a weeding on the 23rd, so the 8th is better

~justin

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys, the 8th it is. Stay tuned this weekend for more info. I am going to edit the date on the orig post.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I'll check my callendar - I want to go, but all depends on what's up for that weekend. If DeLorean is gonna go this makes it more a chance that I'll go. I prefer to caravan then go alone... I have habbits of drifting off sometimes ;) I don't wanna find out the end of that dream :lol:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
which is longer, pittsburg/philly pa, or wells maine... i'd say wells maine, do a map quest from your house to syracuse ny, it says 6 hours 7 minutes for me... what about anyone else

delorean, you're going, that way burnsside will go

~justin

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
what the heck?! he's got some nerve, leaving us like that!

we should fill his pm box with useless facts, like:
*your foot is as long as the area between your wrist and elbow
*that 746 watts equals one horsepower
*that in any one moment that 61,000 people are in flight above the usa
*the first couple to be shown in bed together on tv were fred and wilma flintstone
*coca-cola was originally green
*the cost of raising a mid-size dog to the age of eleven is $6,400
*the world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in china in 1910
*111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
*if a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. if the horse has one front leg in the air the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
*that women invented bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers
*that mel blanc(voice of bugs bunny), was allergic to carrots
*that at an average party, that 40% of the people there, will look through your medicine cabinet
*in scotland, a new game was invented, it was entitled Gentlemen Only
Ladies Forbidden.... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language

you know, crap like that.

lol

~justin

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Believe it or not...I may be joining you all. Yessiirr...thats right. I Cedric, aka Blaque_Out, may be present 8)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
hey hey, you have to give me credit, i am the one that convinced you to do it, i diserve acknowledgement here, lol, i'm just kidding, i don't need any thanks.

~justin

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Holy shit Ced? Kansas City? :shock:

This is going to rock, I'm going to make up flyers and pin them up at some of the Saab dealers, and shops around here. Maybe I can turn this into a yearly thing. :D Maybe I can get sponsorship :roll:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
sponership i doubt, you gotta be really cool to do that... i'm just kidding, maybe after like 3 years they will sponser you, also, posting flyers will work, but also put them under the windshields of saabs you see in the parking lots, and in mail boxes of houses that have saabs in the driveway(legal?)

if i didn't live so far away, i'd do it too.

what should i bring to the party? i mean... gathering

~justin

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yup me. From Kansas City. I like the idea of posing flyers. I think you'd also want to think about putting them on Saabs you see around town. Don't forget to bring it up with NYSOC...they may be able to give pointers or join up with you on it.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I say more decals!! I want a supply I can leave under random Saab Wiper Arms :p I've done this with the saabscene.com ones I have... but those are about gone now :? None the less - I need more decals :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
yeah, i want some tsl stickers too, i don't have any, and need some.

blaque out, i really doubt that if you posted fliers that any one near you would do anything about going to ny in a moments notice, lol

tweek, when are you gonna post pictures!!!!

and what is your exact address, i probably wont be there til 8ish pm on friday night

~justin

1 - 20 of 181 Posts