Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using a setup to spray down the IC? Ive been looking online and alot of people are seeing pretty decent results just by using their washer fluid resivoirs and squirter pump with some misters from home depot. A guy on turbo bricks(I know volvo forum) claims that with a switch turned on for the whole 1/4mi he went from 15.9 w/o the mister to 14.5 with it. I may try it on my 900.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I think that you can get some good results with water spraying on the IC. I am not sure that I believe that you can drop almost a full second by doing it but then again I don't run it on my car. I have also seen alot of pro racers using ICE setups for intake charge temp control but thats a little extreme and I would hate to tell the guy at the light to pull into the 7-11 so I can get a bag of cubes before we run!! The auqamist sytems get really good results but are just too pricey to deal with so I would say make a homemade system and post the install procedures with pics and let us know how its works!!

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
i think this is a great idea. I am going to do a home brewed system some time in the future. Please share your install procedure and pics if you do it!

·
Registered
299 Posts
i think what he means is an exterior water jet spraying onto the IC. STI's come with this i think.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
turbokick said:
i think what he means is an exterior water jet spraying onto the IC. STI's come with this i think.
Yep

·
Registered
299 Posts
all you need is a pump, a switch and a windsheild washer spray jet, attached to the bumper in front of the intercooler. it would probley cost you $30max but it doesnt work as well as water injection

1 - 12 of 12 Posts